MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

since bennett knocked that dude out in 7 seconds and gave the best post fight speech of all time, he's dropped 11 straight 

Why is he still getting licenses? He's 30-42-2 and he's friggin' 39 years old.

Edited by beekay414

10 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Charles Oliveira hasn't been to a decision in the last five years. He's had two decisions in 9 years in the ufc.

He's also on a tear right now. Probably time to give him the test of a top guy again.

Kevin Lee would be a really interesting matchup imo

Absolutely love watching him fight. All or nothing and Lee was be a good matchup 

10 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yan/Jacare was really boring. I'll give it to Souza though, he didn't get murked like Rockhold

Jacare just seems to have no answer to get the fight to the ground. It made me so sad watching the fight, he's a magician on the ground, but it feels like he's been figured out.

8 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Jacare just seems to have no answer to get the fight to the ground. It made me so sad watching the fight, he's a magician on the ground, but it feels like he's been figured out.

Moving up kind of is a major part of that right?

Yan is strong as an ox and even though Jacare put on 20 points it wasn't all muscle. 

Idk if he has been figured out so much as Father Time got the best of him 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Moving up kind of is a major part of that right?

Yan is strong as an ox and even though Jacare put on 20 points it wasn't all muscle. 

Idk if he has been figured out so much as Father Time got the best of him 

Yeah Jan was a bad matchup for him, no doubt. But it jumped out to me during that fight, it's been so long since we've got to see him put his grappling credentials to work. his last five fights before this, all the success he had was in striking. You've got to go back to his fight against Boetsch at the start of 2017 for a fight where he showed he was an elite grappler.

the Hermansson fight was a big bummer for us Jacare fans. I think he's done (at least as a title challenger)