MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Volkanovski is so impressive. so well rounded. great conditioning. great fight IQ. against any other fighter his fight today would have been a highlight first round finish. hopefully he gets a big jump in the rankings. Volkanovski vs Mendes sounds like a fantastic fight to make.

Price's Ko was pretty crazy. interesting that he landed heavier shots by blocking the back of Brown's head with his foot. meant that there was nowhere for the impact to go. Price vs Perry sounds like a BANGER, make this fight asap

my boy Sage Northcutt was super impressive. glad to see his game growing. still needs to work a bit on getting up when he's on the bottom, think Ottow was not as effective as he could have been on the ground. but Sage's aggressiveness once he got up was a sight to see.

JDS-Ivanov was whatever. Ivanov has like 3 strikes, didn't even try anything else. JDS was better, but when he got pressured he started to turn his head and run. would like to see him be better under pressure.  btw Ivanov vs Mark Hunt would be an awesome fight. hope we get to see that.

12 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Volkanovski is so impressive. so well rounded. great conditioning. great fight IQ. against any other fighter his fight today would have been a highlight first round finish. hopefully he gets a big jump in the rankings. Volkanovski vs Mendes sounds like a fantastic fight to make.

Price's Ko was pretty crazy. interesting that he landed heavier shots by blocking the back of Brown's head with his foot. meant that there was nowhere for the impact to go. Price vs Perry sounds like a BANGER, make this fight asap

my boy Sage Northcutt was super impressive. glad to see his game growing. still needs to work a bit on getting up when he's on the bottom, think Ottow was not as effective as he could have been on the ground. but Sage's aggressiveness once he got up was a sight to see.

JDS-Ivanov was whatever. Ivanov has like 3 strikes, didn't even try anything else. JDS was better, but when he got pressured he started to turn his head and run. would like to see him be better under pressure.  btw Ivanov vs Mark Hunt would be an awesome fight. hope we get to see that.

Yea the HW fight was pretty boring although nothing like Ngannou/Lewis. Ivanov/Hunt better not be a 5 round fight

Sage was ultra impressive on his feet but i just feel like his TDD will keep him from being towards the top on the rankings 

On 14/07/2018 at 10:59 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Lol at the Brock call out. Nice Chad, loved it

Also, who do you think he fights next? You think he is vaulted up to a Top-5 fight already? Certainly looked good tonight

So many good options at FW. I'd like to see Ortega vs Aldo/Stephens winner for interim belt 

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

So many good options at FW. I'd like to see Ortega vs Aldo/Stephens winner for interim belt 

I think that is the only thing you can do IF there is an interim belt to be had. Hopefully Max doesnt actually have a concussion. I want Stephens to win but Aldo is the worlds best "gatekeeper" at this point since he cant beat Max but beats literally everyone else fighting at FW

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

yo the potential sage northcutt v. mike perry bout might be one of my top 5 most anticipated fights of all time 

give them a goddamn presser 

I think you're a little too excited there. Wouldnt even say Top-5 this year. Why so over the moon excited for that fight? Just because the threat of a TD is very low?

On 13/07/2018 at 9:35 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I saw Michael Chiesa might be moving up to 170? That seems really strange just but adding some weight might give him some much-needed power. Also, he had a broken foot 2 weeks before the fight and still fought? Would the commission even allow that?

Chiesa was winning the fight until he's wagging his finger at Pettis than got dropped leading to his submission.

I will never understand why fighters do this ? LW is most stacked division and really, really top heavy. He'll need 3 wins just to enter top 5 

Edited by BillsGuy82