MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yeah Jan was a bad matchup for him, no doubt. But it jumped out to me during that fight, it's been so long since we've got to see him put his grappling credentials to work. his last five fights before this, all the success he had was in striking. You've got to go back to his fight against Boetsch at the start of 2017 for a fight where he showed he was an elite grappler.

the Hermansson fight was a big bummer for us Jacare fans. I think he's done (at least as a title challenger)

Yea sadly i agree. As much as i love Dan Henderson i was super pissed Jacare didnt get his shot vs Bisping

Some good fights coming down the pipe I just saw on ESPN

Chiesa v RDA for Jan 25th, gives Chiesa a good test at 170 even though RDA isn't what he used to be

Frankie making his BW debut vs Cory Sandhagen Jan 25th, crazy how small Frankie is that he won the LW title

Lewis v Latifi on Feb 8th, really hope it doesnt go more than 2 rounds but if it goes the way we want should be fun

Jan 18th Maycee Barber vs Roxanne Modafferi is a major step up for Barber since Roxanne has fought for a title already

Feb 8th Bullet vs Chookagian is going to be a murder

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Some good fights coming down the pipe I just saw on ESPN

Chiesa v RDA for Jan 25th, gives Chiesa a good test at 170 even though RDA isn't what he used to be

Frankie making his BW debut vs Cory Sandhagen Jan 25th, crazy how small Frankie is that he won the LW title

Lewis v Latifi on Feb 8th, really hope it doesnt go more than 2 rounds but if it goes the way we want should be fun

Jan 18th Maycee Barber vs Roxanne Modafferi is a major step up for Barber since Roxanne has fought for a title already

Feb 8th Bullet vs Chookagian is going to be a murder

Nuts that Lewis will actually have the cardio advantage in that fight

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Bones vs Reyes on February 8th

Generally I root for whoever is against Bones, but Reyes kinda seems like a bit of a tool, and I also kinda want Jones to keep winning so it feels even better when Izzy sleeps him.

Interested to see this fight anyway. Jones will probably be conservative and take it, but Reyes has some interesting tools to bring to the table.