MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

He was stiff and fell straight back, that's a KO, and you stop the fight. Every single time.

Doing it your way is how someone's going to die in this sport. Reem was out. Stop the fight, it doesn't matter how long is left.

We've seen that a lot tho and guys survive. He wasn't Terry Etim stiff. He was out but it was a flash. It's whatever but Miragliotta shouldn't ref heavyweight fights. He deserves little dudes and the girls. 

2 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

He stood up immediately. Right away. Was he all there? I don’t know. Was he all there for four seconds. I do know. Yes, he was. 

Look at it. He gets up and starts walking away, doesn't defend at all. He's out of it. There's something wrong with you if you want the guy to take additional shots after that.

2 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

He stood up immediately. Right away. Was he all there? I don’t know. Was he all there for four seconds. I do know. Yes, he was. 

actually you have no clue. goes get ko'd, and then wake up again when they get hit in the face. Him getting up doesnt mean he wasnt out, and if he was out then its the refs job to stop it. Say he didnt, gets another shot or two and gets put out. What then, just more brain damage for overeem but who really cares?

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We've seen that a lot tho and guys survive. He wasn't Terry Etim stiff. He was out but it was a flash. It's whatever but Miragliotta shouldn't ref heavyweight fights. He deserves little dudes and the girls. 

this thinking  is so stupid its almost comical. if hes out stop the fight period. I can tell that to literally a 6 year old and theyd understand.

4 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Watching it again, Reem gets up (looks like he comes to again when he hits the fence) but he's still not there. He turns and walks away. He's not thinking about defending himself.

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/qkwwpv

ok but he wasn't in danger cause the dude walked off lol

I think he should have let it go if he wasn't going to call it off when he fell

I would have been fine if he called it right away

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Say he didnt, gets another shot or two and gets put out. What then, just more brain damage for overeem but who really cares?

he didn't stop it tho, he actually let JR hit him again, JR just didn't.

he looked back and saw JR was celebrating in the other direction and called it

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

he didn't stop it tho, he actually let JR hit him again, JR just didn't.

he looked back and saw JR was celebrating in the other direction and called it

does it matter though? overeem was out,  the fight should be over. If youre arguing the ref could have done a better job stopping it, then thats valid, but it absolutely should have been stopped. Once youre knocked out the fight should be over, overeem was knocked out. Saying he wasnt "stiff" like possibly the worst knockout in ufc history is actually kind of disgusting. Not that you said that, it was @beekay414.

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

actually you have no clue. goes get ko'd, and then wake up again when they get hit in the face. Him getting up doesnt mean he wasnt out, and if he was out then its the refs job to stop it. Say he didnt, gets another shot or two and gets put out. What then, just more brain damage for overeem but who really cares?

I have no clue?  Oh man I’m sorry.  Were you watching harder than me?  Was your camera angle different?  My b. 

Just now, DaveDX said:

I have no clue?  Oh man I’m sorry.  Were you watching harder than me?  Was your camera angle different?  My b. 

Ignore him. He's someone that only posts to be combative with people he disagrees with or has a problem with. Notice he never has any original posts that put himself out there. Not worth your time. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveDX said:

you seem to have missed the point. I dont have a clue either, im not overeem. The point is he got knocked out, just cause he so happened to wake up quickly doesnt change the knockout. you stop the fight when a guy goes unconscious. make sense now?