MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

8 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

he didn't stop it tho, he actually let JR hit him again, JR just didn't.

he looked back and saw JR was celebrating in the other direction and called it

I think he did stop it. He rushes in, and he touched Jairzinho to indicate the fight was over.

Dan just didn't make it super clear to us, or Reem (who was in disneyland anyway). But he made it clear to the winner, which is most important

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

you seem to have missed the point. I dont have a clue either, im not overeem. The point is he got knocked out, just cause he so happened to wake up quickly doesnt change the knockout. you stop the fight when a guy goes unconscious. make sense now?

Then Frankie Edgar lost about 4 times to Gray Maynard by your logic. 

Just now, Buckrock101 said:

I think he did stop it. He rushes in, and he touched Jairzinho to indicate the fight was over.

Dan just didn't make it super clear to us, or Reem (who was in disneyland anyway). But he made it clear to the winner, which is most important

Dude turned away BEFORE Dan got there. The fighter called that fight, not the ref. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Then Frankie Edgar lost about 4 times to Gray Maynard by your logic. 

by "my logic" do you mean common sense? knockout=stop the fight hardly seem controversial. Im struggling to find a way to answer this without sounding like a smart something, but regardless of any mistakes where guys were knocked unconscious but the fight continued, those are in fact still mistakes. 

5 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you seem to have missed the point. I dont have a clue either, im not overeem. The point is he got knocked out, just cause he so happened to wake up quickly doesnt change the knockout. you stop the fight when a guy goes unconscious. make sense now?

Waking up quickly doesn’t change a knockout. He woke up quickly but went unconscious?  You don’t need a message board. You need a dictionary. 

3 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

watch the replays starting at 50ish seconds in. idt he does anything to indicate the fight is over to JR, he actually seems to pull him back to say 'where are you going the fight isn't over' 

22 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Look at it. He gets up and starts walking away, doesn't defend at all. He's out of it. There's something wrong with you if you want the guy to take additional shots after that.

Take additional shots from where?  When his opponent was six steps away or seven?  If you hit me, and I fall down, and you leave the area, what do you think I should do?

1 minute ago, DaveDX said:

Waking up quickly doesn’t change a knockout. He woke up quickly but went unconscious?  You don’t need a message board. You need a dictionary. 

im not sure what youre trying to say here. Did i word that poorly, ill try again... He went unconscious, whether hes up in a second or a minute it doesnt really matter.

30 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

He was stiff and fell straight back, that's a KO, and you stop the fight. Every single time.

Doing it your way is how someone's going to die in this sport. Reem was out. Stop the fight, it doesn't matter how long is left.

Doing it my way?  When a fighter is nowhere near his opponent?  I don’t know, when a guy is nowhere near me, I feel mighty safe. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this is such bad logic. 

Who are you to dictate what a KO is? Are you a trained professional? No, you're just some clown on the internet who likes to be a contrarian and act like he's better than everyone.

Regardless, that was anything but a clean knock out that results in an automatic stoppage. The fighter reacted and wasn't at risk. But please tell me more about a sport that I know more about than you do. Thanks again buddy. Always constructive with you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im not sure what youre trying to say here. Did i word that poorly, ill try again... He went unconscious, whether hes up in a second or a minute it doesnt really matter.

Then you don't know **** about this sport. Fighters flash out all the time. It's called being stunned. Jesus Christ. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

watch the replays starting at 50ish seconds in. idt he does anything to indicate the fight is over to JR, he actually seems to pull him back to say 'where are you going the fight isn't over' 

so at 50 seconds we clearly see that overeem gets knocked out. i already said the ref could have dones a better job, but its a stretch to say he was pulling him back towards overeem. For all we know he was racing in to get him off him then realized hes already walking away. it was such a small movement you cant really tell intention.