MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

im not sure what youre trying to say here. Did i word that poorly, ill try again... He went unconscious, whether hes up in a second or a minute it doesnt really matter.

Mmm, it kinda does. If you hit me, and I fall down, and then I get back up in a second or two, I am not unconscious. Unconscious means lose consciousness. If I am knocked down, see me opponent left the area, see that there are four seconds left, and turn to go to my corner, that is the rational decision of an aware man. You are inventing new definitions. 

@GSUeagles14, let’s call it. You’re A) not smart. B) willfully ignorant. Or C) a troll. Only one of those will I give you credit for and regardless of which is which this conversation is over. Assuming you’re not a troll, read a book, have a conversation with someone, go live your life. If it is C, well done and carry on.

3 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Mmm, it kinda does. If you hit me, and I fall down, and then I get back up in a second or two, I am not unconscious. Unconscious means lose consciousness. If I am knocked down, see me opponent left the area, see that there are four seconds left, and turn to go to my corner, that is the rational decision of an aware man. You are inventing new definitions. 

Speaking as someone that's been stunned like that, you're still cognitively there. That kind of flash scenario where the fighter responds does not warrant a stoppage unless he's clear as day out. Reem evaded and then reacted to his corner after he saw Miragliotta wave it off. That, to me, is not an unconscious fighter. He most certainly wasn't at risk in the scenario either. Miragliotta just blows ***. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Who are you to dictate what a KO is? Are you a trained professional? No, you're just some clown on the internet who likes to be a contrarian and act like he's better than everyone.

Regardless, that was anything but a clean knock out that results in an automatic stoppage. The fighter reacted and wasn't at risk. But please tell me more about a sport that I know more about than you do. Thanks again buddy. Always constructive with you. 

are you 4? should i reply with "nuh uh, i know more than you"? get a brown bag to breath in to and relax.  im not getting into semantics on what was a "clean" ko, dude was unconscious,, thats all that should matters. 

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

so at 50 seconds we clearly see that overeem gets knocked out. i already said the ref could have dones a better job, but its a stretch to say he was pulling him back towards overeem. For all we know he was racing in to get him off him then realized hes already walking away. it was such a small movement you cant really tell intention.

I agree that Reem was out and he should have stopped it right away

but to me, he didn't. and it didn't look like he called it in anyway until reem was up. 

and if he didn't think it was enough to stop it when he fell I think he should have let it go cause reem would prob have recovered enough by the time JR stopped celebrating (assuming he didn't know the fight was seconds from ending)

if he just didn't call it right away because the dude was walking away, fine

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Speaking as someone that's been stunned like that, you're still cognitively there. That kind of flash scenario where the fighter responds does not warrant a stoppage unless he's clear as day out. Reem evaded and then reacted to his corner after he saw Miragliotta wave it off. That, to me, is not an unconscious fighter. He most certainly wasn't at risk in the scenario either. Miragliotta just blows ***. 

It’s a fix. I couldn’t hear the commentary cause I was at work but I saw the graphic about how opponent man was undefeated. Throw out some keywords and we know how they want this to go. Thought I was done with this sport a long time ago. Now I’m sure. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

are you 4? should i reply with "nuh uh, i know more than you"? get a brown bag to breath in to and relax.  im not getting into semantics on what was a "clean" ko, dude was unconscious,, thats all that should matters. 

Yeah, you need to learn more about what unconscious is because you've clearly never experienced it. Stunned and unconscious are two vastly different things. 

Stunned means your body doesn't react initially. Unconscious means you flat out can't react for an extended period of time. You can be cognitively there but not able to react for that brief moment or as long as 10 or more seconds, which the follow up blows cause the TKO. Unconscious, one hit quit stuff, means you are unable to react because your brain is shut off. But please tell me more @GSUeagles14. Take the L and move the **** on. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Yeah, you need to learn more about what unconscious is because you've clearly never experienced it. Stunned and unconscious are two vastly different things. 

im sure in a couple days once youve calmed down youll realize how silly your posts have been over the last two pages. im not even arguing as that implies theres something thats arguable here. it hurts my head that i should be sleeping but instead im in a back and forth about this. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im sure in a couple days once youve calmed down youll realize how silly your posts have been over the last two pages. im not even arguing as that implies theres something thats arguable here. it hurts my head that i should be sleeping but instead im in a back and forth about this. 

Lol I'll give this response a C grade because it's not your best effort. Nice try. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Stunned means your body doesn't react initially. Unconscious means you flat out can't react for an extended period of time. You can be cognitively there but not able to react for that brief moment or as long as 10 or more seconds, which the follow up blows cause the TKO. Unconscious, one hit quit stuff, means you are unable to react because your brain is shut off. But please tell me more @GSUeagles14. Take the L and move the **** on. 

in all honesty, do you think these are good posts? theyre not factual and i have no interest in your opinion on the difference between unconscious and stunned. 

21 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Take additional shots from where?  When his opponent was six steps away or seven?  If you hit me, and I fall down, and you leave the area, what do you think I should do?

You want additional shots to be landed before stopping that fight. Right? Since you think it shouldn't be stopped off that one right hand alone.

Yet the dude went down stiff, he got up disoriented. That's a Ko, and that should be a stoppage.

You're basing a lot of this off of Jairzinho walking away. That doesn't reverse the fact that Overeem just got knocked out and the fight is over.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Lol I'll give this response a C grade because it's not your best effort. Nice try. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

You don't know **** about combat sports because you've never experienced it. That much is for certain. Dont speak on what you don't know. 

Do us all a favor and go to bed. Nobody is itching to read your responses.