MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

in all honesty, do you think these are good posts? theyre not factual and i have no interest in your opinion on the difference between unconscious and stunned. 

Say it with me...

"I have no idea what I'm talking about"

It's okay. You'll live. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buckrock101 said:

You want additional shots to be landed before stopping that fight. Right? Since you think it shouldn't be stopped off that one right hand alone.

Yet the dude went down stiff, he got up disoriented. That's a Ko, and that should be a stoppage.

You're basing a lot of this off of Jairzinho walking away. That doesn't reverse the fact that Overeem just got knocked out and the fight is over.

He got knocked down. Not knocked out. In order to be knocked out you must be by definition out. Defenseless. He was not defenseless. He stood back up immediately. Had he had something to defend and failed to do so, that would’ve been different. He had nothing to defend because dude walked away. That’s why that is important. 

1 minute ago, DaveDX said:

He got knocked down. Not knocked out. In order to be knocked out you must be by definition out. Defenseless. He was not defenseless. He stood back up immediately. Had he had something to defend and failed to do so, that would’ve been different. He had nothing to defend because dude walked away. That’s why that is important. 

Yep. I won't argue he was at risk. The argument is whether that was a walkoff and it wasn't. 

2 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

He was out. The way he fell, he was out. He came to when he hit the fence, you see that all the time. But his head was still not there, and it's irresponsible to let the fight continue after that.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

You don't know **** about combat sports because you've never experienced it. That much is for certain. Dont speak on what you don't know. 

Do us all a favor and go to bed. Nobody is itching to read your responses. 

bro, in all seriousness, get that brown paper bag and relax. 

what are you even talking about at this point. that because youve been in a fight you get to decide what being unconscious is? 

Unconsciousness is a state which occurs when the ability to maintain an awareness of self and environment is lost. It involves a complete or near-complete lack of responsiveness to people and other environmental stimuli

Stunned is defined as a state of being shocked, overwhelmed or rendered immobile

ThEsE PoStS aRe NoT fAcTuAl

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

bro, in all seriousness, get that brown paper bag and relax. 

what are you even talking about at this point. that because youve been in a fight you get to decide what being unconscious is? 

No. Its that you don't know what the **** unconscious is but you're parading around here like you're an intellectual lol. 

And I'm drinking a beer, chilling in my hotel suite. I'm calm as ****. I'm sorry that you're only response when you're rendered silent is to try to attack the person you're talking to. 

Just walk away at this point. It's okay to be wrong. 

Edited by beekay414

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Unconsciousness is a state which occurs when the ability to maintain an awareness of self and environment is lost. It involves a complete or near-complete lack of responsiveness to people and other environmental stimuli

Stunned is defined as a state of being shocked, overwhelmed or rendered immobile

Take your own advice. Leave him be. Reem either got screwed or fixed. Either way, the sport is tainted.  

Edited by DaveDX

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

definition of unconscious is having lost consciousness. Per meriam dictionary. By definition overeem was unconscious. As has already been said multiple times, doesnt matter how long he was unconscious for.  i suppose you could be knocked unconscious and also stunned at the same time, depending on how you interpret stunned, but the unconscious part is simply fact.

Really basic stuff here.

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

definition of unconscious is having lost consciousness. Per meriam dictionary. By definition overeem was unconscious. As has already been said multiple times, doesnt matter how long he was unconscious for.  i suppose you could be knocked unconscious and also stunned at the same time, depending on how you interpret stunned, but the unconscious part is simply fact.

Really basic stuff here.

Lol you're so damn dense. I imagine you're a hit at parties. 

If he we're unconscious, he wouldn't react. He reacted. End of story lol. Good God. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Unconsciousness - complete lack of near complete lack of responsiveness

Stunned - being rendered immobile

Yep. I'm the idiot here. Lol. 

why do i have to explain this. You can be unconscious for one second or 10 minutes, regardless of the length of time it doesnt change that you were not conscious.