MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

6 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

youre attempts to move away from a 3 page debate on how long one needs to be unconscious to actually qualify as being unconscious should be applauded. In all earnestness, thank you sir. 

You know this is a different dude, right?  You were debating someone else. Troll job was B+ until now. Now you seem desperate. 

Edited by DaveDX

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

The only problem I had was he didn't call it off right away. He waited until JR started celebrating lol. Like he let that convince him the fight was done. 

This. I dont think 100% either way but this is the part that is weird to me. Dan didn't wave off the fight until

1. Rozenstruik walked away

2. Reem got up and stumbled. 

Rozenstruik should have continued to pour it on even if it meant we are still scraping Reem off the canvas this morning

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

He was stiff and fell straight back, that's a KO, and you stop the fight. Every single time.

Doing it your way is how someone's going to die in this sport. Reem was out. Stop the fight, it doesn't matter how long is left.

I agree with you but why didn't Dan stop it right then? Its almost as if Reem would have just stayed on his butt Reem would've won because Rozenstruik walked away and Dan didn't call it

Geez I didn't realize there was THAT MUCH debate going on here regarding the end.

Cant we all agree on:

1. Dan should've stopped the fight when Reem got dropped(but he didn't, maybe in part because of Rozenstruik walking away?) and therefore he should've let the next 4 seconds play out until the danger was done ala Cyborg vs Baszler fight? Like dont just walk away until the ref stops it

2. Rozenstruik should NOT have walked away. He should have charged Reem and forced Dan to stop it and if he didn't then leave no doubt he won even if it means Reem takes some shots. Its up to the ref to stop it, not the fighter especially when there's just 4-5 seconds left

3. Stopping the fight after Reem got up was dumb. Either stop it when the danger is imminent or dont stop it when Rozenstruik is halfway across the cage

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Geez I didn't realize there was THAT MUCH debate going on here regarding the end.

Cant we all agree on:

1. Dan should've stopped the fight when Reem got dropped(but he didn't, maybe in part because of Rozenstruik walking away?) and therefore he should've let the next 4 seconds play out until the danger was done ala Cyborg vs Baszler fight? Like dont just walk away until the ref stops it

2. Rozenstruik should NOT have walked away. He should have charged Reem and forced Dan to stop it and if he didn't then leave no doubt he won even if it means Reem takes some shots. Its up to the ref to stop it, not the fighter especially when there's just 4-5 seconds left

3. Stopping the fight after Reem got up was dumb. Either stop it when the danger is imminent or dont stop it when Rozenstruik is halfway across the cage

absolutely, the only problem i have with #3 is the fight should have been stopped any. dan made a mistake, as humans do sometimes, but the dude was knocked out and the fight should have been over. in the end, the result was correct even though getting there was bumpy.