MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea Jacare has to survive though. I know he is the champ but Whittaker beat him so bad in the 1st he had nothing left in the 2nd and got finished. As much as I love Jacare he has always been in a weird spot with opponents having not fought Weidman, Rockhold, Bisping or Gastelum instead he fought Brunson, Boetsch and Vitor for 3 of his last 4. This might be his first fight against a contender that won't see the next shot if he wins

Whittaker and Gastelum are very similar propositions. Both smaller MWs who have really slick striking and a good wrestling base. Though there was talk of a bunch of injuries Jacare dealt with leading up to the Whittaker fight (though Jacare was adamant in not wanting to make any excuses).  I can certainly see that being a factor, since he looked like he'd lost a step in that fight, then was back to being a killer against Brunson.

We'll see how he looks against Kelvin, but I'm really seeing a combination of Jacare-Whittaker and Weidman-Gastelum in this matchup. I'd like to see Jacare win convincingly though, he's been around the top of the MW rankings forever without getting a title shot, and I'd be really excited for a potential rematch against Whittaker or Romero.

7 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Whittaker and Gastelum are very similar propositions. Both smaller MWs who have really slick striking and a good wrestling base. Though there was talk of a bunch of injuries Jacare dealt with leading up to the Whittaker fight (though Jacare was adamant in not wanting to make any excuses).  I can certainly see that being a factor, since he looked like he'd lost a step in that fight, then was back to being a killer against Brunson.

We'll see how he looks against Kelvin, but I'm really seeing a combination of Jacare-Whittaker and Weidman-Gastelum in this matchup. I'd like to see Jacare win convincingly though, he's been around the top of the MW rankings forever without getting a title shot, and I'd be really excited for a potential rematch against Whittaker or Romero.

Yea as a Jacare fan i hated seeing him passed over for the title that Hendo got

18 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Kyoji Horiguchi KO'd Ian McCall yesterday in 9 seconds. Slipped Ian's left and caught him with a left to the chin.

Guchi Mane might be the best fighter outside the UFC. Honestly going to Rizin might have been the best thing for him. Really hope we see him back in the big show at some point. 

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shame about Luis on TUF. He would have been super tough to beat

Also, anyone notice that combo Mitchell threw with about 1:35 left in the 1st? Left hook, high kick and another left just boom-boom-boom. It was pretty smooth especially for TUF

Real bummer on Luis - he was the dude to beat IMO.

Overall pretty underwhelming season so far. DC (and Cain) are out coaching Stipe by miles and it really doesn't seem like Stipe knows what he's doing from a coaching perspective. I know in some interviews he's done post TUF he said he wasn't really a fan of coaching but got more comfortable as the season went on so hopefully we'll see something from Team Stipe coming up. 

4 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Real bummer on Luis - he was the dude to beat IMO.

Overall pretty underwhelming season so far. DC (and Cain) are out coaching Stipe by miles and it really doesn't seem like Stipe knows what he's doing from a coaching perspective. I know in some interviews he's done post TUF he said he wasn't really a fan of coaching but got more comfortable as the season went on so hopefully we'll see something from Team Stipe coming up. 

Yea, i assumed Uncle Dana would give him his shot at the finale. Hope he comes back 100% and puts on a show. He is definitely a mismatch for alot of guys. 

I feel like this episode was the 1st time i heard Cain speak too lol

ok, so apparently Yair Rodriguez turned down the fight against Zabit at 227, and as a result the UFC have cut him. wtf. I mean it stinks that he's turning down fights, but still a bad business move from the UFC if they're cutting a guy like Yair just like that.

Still don't know if it's legitimate, or if it's going to last, but pretty crazy.