MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

We might get Till v Woodley for the title on Sept. 28 according to Helwani. Colby would be stripped of his interim belt only a few months after getting it lol.

Why would he lose the interim belt? Couldn't he fight on Sept 28th? Covington fought like 3 weeks after Till so i'm surprised they wouldnt just give it to Covington

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

nah i'd put it at -400 cyborg, but there's no other fight i'd rather see for her 

I'd, I think this is easily Cyborg's toughest test. Nunes isn't afraid like the others and probably feels like she is untouchable. Nunes can hit her with combinations that others cant. At -400, I'd bet something small on Nunes

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why would he lose the interim belt? Couldn't he fight on Sept 28th? Covington fought like 3 weeks after Till so i'm surprised they wouldnt just give it to Covington

I think he got hurt or maybe surgery? I don't remember.

Edited by 11sanchez11

MENS FLYWEIGHT

Champ: Demetrious Johnson (27-2-1)

1.     Henry Cejudo (12-2)
  2.     Sergio Pettis (17-3)
  3.     Ray Borg (11-3)
  4.     Joseph Benavidez (25-5)
  5.     Jussier Formiga (21-5)
  6.     Ben Nguyen (17-7)
  7.     John Moraga (19-6)
  8.     Matheus Nicolau (13-1-1)
  9.     Deiveson Figueiredo (14-0)
  10.     Alexandre Pantoja (19-3)
  11.     Wilson Reis (22-9)
  12.     Ulka Sasaki (21-5-2)
  13.     Brandon Moreno (14-5)
  14.     Dustin Ortiz (18-7)
  15.     Magomed Bibulatov (14-1)

Other notables: Jose Torres (8-0), Alex Perez (20-4), Said Nurmagomedov (12-1).

This division would honestly be kind of exciting if Mighty Mouse wasn't so dominant. There are a bunch of really talented guys, a lot of whom are still getting better (Cejudo, Pettis, Borg). Think the older guys like Benavidez and Reis are starting to be phased out, although Formiga and Moraga, who have been around a while, are staging comebacks.

I want to see if any of the newer guys like Nicolau, Figueiredo, Bibulatov or Torres can make the jump to contender. Seems like one of those guys is the most likely to eventually take down DJ. Also watch out for Kai Kara-France now that he's signed to the UFC. He's a teammate of Dan Hooker and Israel Adesanya, and has legit power, as he showed on TUF. He's 10-1 in his last 11 fights too, including 8 finishes.

Edited by Buckrock101

3 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

holy **** man. that's beautiful. sucks to see two guys you like going at it, but that's a guaranteed scrap. 

was hoping for perry v. sage tho 

Feel like Perry's going to murk Cowboy, which makes me sad. I guess Perry also isn't the most technical, and he's going to leave openings, but Cowboy's been getting wrecked by pressure fighters and Perry's going to bring it.

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

so just for fun, I'm going to go and post my top 15 for each division. Hopefully get through all of them by the next real event (Alvarez-Poirer next week). Feel free to criticize or whatever

Oh there will be criticism!...

Seriously though looking forward to this