9. Brian Kelleher
  10. Pedro Munoz
  11. Cody Stamman
  12. Rob Font
  13. Thomas Almeida
  14. Bryan Caraway
  15. Tim Elliott

Other notables: Tom Duquesnoy, Petr Yan, Renan Barao

While very strong in the UFC, this is probably one of the strongest divisions outside the UFC too. Kyoji Horiguchi and Darrion Caldwell would be challengers in the UFC. I don’t rate Bibiano Fernandes as highly, but he is on a 14 fight win streak and is the current holder of the Conor belt. Not to mention Marlon Moraes just came into the UFC and became a challenger.

I think Dillashaw/Garbrandt/Moraes are a step ahead of everyone else in the division - I might include Cruz too, but he's been out almost two years again, and might be done for good now. To be honest I'm not sure I see anyone else in the top 15 challenging those top 3. Tom Duquesnoy has the potential down the road, but he still needs a lot of work. Sean O'Malley has potential too, but he's still more hype than anything right now. Nathaniel Wood, Petr Yan and Song Yadong could enter the top 15 in the next year.

With the next contenders still at least a year or two away, the time is right for Demetrious to have a shot at the bantamweight belt... or at least a 130lbs bout against the BW champ. Think we will see TJ vs DJ if both win at 227.

Edited by Buckrock101

@Buckrock101 love alot of this. Hope your optimism of DJ/TJ is right but i just dont think DJ wants it. It does really suck to see Cruz out again. I am a little surprised to see you have Moraes on the same level as TJ/Cody. Its crazy to see Barao so low but its deserving. He is a freakin shell of his former killer self. Idk what happened to him. I really wish Dodson would just go back to FW. He isn't making waves in BW and his power hasn't translated and been nearly as effective

Also, what is the Conor belt?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Also, what is the Conor belt?

comes from the first person to beat Conor as a pro, and then passed down by each person to beat him. so Artemij Sitenkov won it when he beat Conor in 2008, and now it's with Bibiano Fernandes in OneFC.

FEATHERWEIGHT
Champ: Max Holloway

1. Brian Ortega (14-0 1 NC)
  2. Jose Aldo (26-4)
  3. Frankie Edgar (23-6-1)
  4. Renato Moicano (12-1-1)
  5. Chad Mendes (18-4)
  6. Alex Volkanovski (18-1)
  7. Jeremy Stephens (28-14)
  8. Cub Swanson (25-9)
  9. Chan Sung Jung (14-4)
  10. Mirsad Bektic (13-1)
  11. Yair Rodriguez (10-2)
  12. Darren Elkins (24-6)
  13. Zabit Magomedsharipov (15-1)
  14. Calvin Kattar (18-3)
  15. Josh Emmett (13-2)

Other notables: Doo Ho Choi (14-3), Arnold Allen (13-1), Shane Burgos (10-1)

Super exciting division top to bottom. One of the top champs in the organization, with a super exciting and dangerous #1 contender. Veterans Aldo and Edgar won't beat Holloway, but could beat almost everyone else in the weight class. The rest of the top 15 is a mix of super exciting prospects (Volkanovski, Yair, Bektic, Zabit), really tough gatekeepers (Cub, Stephens, Elkins) as well as Mendes and Korean Zombie, who I think are still around the top of their game and could potentially challenge for the title again. So many exciting matchups here.

Watch out for Arnold Allen, if he can start to fight more regularly. 4-0 in the UFC, very complete fighter, still only 24. Could be a future contender.

Matchups I want to see:

• Volkanovski vs Mendes
  • Frankie vs Zombie (already booked!!!)
  • Aldo vs Moicano
  • Bektic vs Kattar

So I'm doing something kind of fun in the video game thread.  I'm running a tournament through EA Sport's UFC 3.  Sign up and create your own fighter!

Also, pulling for Shogun in this fight but I never know what to expect from him.  Hopefully he was heavy on the trainy and light on the eaty this camp.

1 hour ago, PuntMyLumps said:

So I'm doing something kind of fun in the video game thread.  I'm running a tournament through EA Sport's UFC 3.  Sign up and create your own fighter!

Also, pulling for Shogun in this fight but I never know what to expect from him.  Hopefully he was heavy on the trainy and light on the eaty this camp.

Doughboy Rua showed up

Cant wait for the next fight night. The ME should be alot of fun and have serious title contention implications. I expect JJ to roll but Aldo v Stephens is intriguing. Aldo never loses to anyone that isnt ultra elite but Stephens is hot with full steam ahead with confidence. Excited for Hernandez vs Oli too