MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 12/16/2019 at 6:03 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

When can we stop mentioning these legendary leg kicks of Aldo? Like he throws 1 a fight MAYBE, there has to be something going on with his legs because they used to be such a huge weapon and every time I watch him fight now they mention them but he doesn't throw them anymore. 

I can't recall the last time he used them....

Cejudo's relinquishing/vacating/getting stripped of the 125lbs belt. Looks like it's going to be Benavidez vs Figuereido (two hardest names to spell in mma wtf) for the vacant title, headlining a fight night in February.

Happy to see this, now just hope they strip him of 135 too if he doesn't want to fight either Yan or Sterling.

22 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

How do you see it playing out?

Conor crushes him. Conor is a horrible matchup for Cerrone. Cerrone is a slow starter with a suspect chin and Conor starts off strong and knocks dudes out. Yea the farther into the fight it goes the more it favors Cowboy but Cowboy tends to lose to the best of the best

23 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Cejudo's relinquishing/vacating/getting stripped of the 125lbs belt. Looks like it's going to be Benavidez vs Figuereido (two hardest names to spell in mma wtf) for the vacant title, headlining a fight night in February.

Happy to see this, now just hope they strip him of 135 too if he doesn't want to fight either Yan or Sterling.

It's just about confirmed he's fighting Aldo. I hope Aldo rearranges his face but I doubt it will happen. Cejudo said he's tired of cutting to 125 anyway and said 135 is what he will retire at.

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Conor crushes him. Conor is a horrible matchup for Cerrone. Cerrone is a slow starter with a suspect chin and Conor starts off strong and knocks dudes out. Yea the farther into the fight it goes the more it favors Cowboy but Cowboy tends to lose to the best of the best

The biggest thing that I laugh about is how he says "I'm not going to wrestle him, I'm going to give everyone the show they want to see and standup and bang with him." Which I'm thankful because I want get my money's worth. But if he got Conor down, he's absolutely done. Cerrone is an underrated animal on the ground.

Why don't guys use their best tools to win? Cerrone and Nate wouldn't have double digit losses if they used their ground game more to their advantage.

5 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

It's just about confirmed he's fighting Aldo. I hope Aldo rearranges his face but I doubt it will happen. Cejudo said he's tired of cutting to 125 anyway and said 135 is what he will retire at.

What? No it's not.

Aldo's not getting a title shot coming off a loss, in a division like this.