MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

15 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Not if Uncle Dana has anything to say about it, he, cejudo and aldo have already said it's going to be in the works because Aldo was screwed.

Is there any precedent for something like that though? Has anyone ever got a title shot coming off a loss that wasnt replacing an injured fighter 

18 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is there any precedent for something like that though? Has anyone ever got a title shot coming off a loss that wasnt replacing an injured fighter 

I agree with what you're saying but all signs are pointing to Cejudo vs Aldo

Frankie wasn't coming off a loss after he beat Cub and faced Max but that fight was extremely undeserved in my opinion. More undeserved than Aldo getting a 135 shot.

Edited by BullsandBroncos

38 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’d rather KZ get the title fight over Zabit simply because KZ is way more exciting 

I think he's definitely got a better case than Zabit right now.

The tough part is justifying Zombie getting a shot over Yair when Yair beat him a couple of fights ago, and hasn't lost since. But that's kinda murky too, Yair doesn't really have a great case with only two wins since the Edgar loss.

It won't surprise me to see an Alex-Max rematch, since Zombie/Zabit/Yair all feel like they're one win away from being the top contender. If not, I'd lean towards Zombie getting the shot.

9 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

I think he's definitely got a better case than Zabit right now.

The tough part is justifying Zombie getting a shot over Yair when Yair beat him a couple of fights ago, and hasn't lost since. But that's kinda murky too, Yair doesn't really have a great case with only two wins since the Edgar loss.

It won't surprise me to see an Alex-Max rematch, since Zombie/Zabit/Yair all feel like they're one win away from being the top contender. If not, I'd lean towards Zombie getting the shot.

Eh, you can justify Zombie getting it considering Yair hit a damn Hail Mary attempt to steal it from KZ. Especially when KZ just merked the dude that made Yair look like a PFL fighter. 

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, you can justify Zombie getting it considering Yair hit a damn Hail Mary attempt to steal it from KZ. Especially when KZ just merked the dude that made Yair look like a PFL fighter. 

Agreed. Give Yair credit he still completed the Hail Mary but KZ was winning that fight up until the elbow out of no where. Unfortunately this eye poke stuff didn't help Yair because he's had just 1 fight in 13 months and as far as I know nothing on the docket yet plus I think Renato and Frankie are tougher opponents than Stephens too