Jump to content
steelcurtain29

MMA Thread

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Khabib would crush Usman. I'd bet on Masvidal beating Usman.

Khabib hasn't fought anyone who is any good at wrestling in forever. It's pretty weird. He might have fought one person his entire career that wrestling is a strength 

I'm pretty Usman would maul Khabib

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I don’t believe this for a second and I can’t find anything confirming this. 
 

DC is an Olympic level wrestler and much bigger than Khabib. I haven’t seen Or heard anything That would suggest Khabib would best DC if they were both the same size either.

Talk with anyone on the team and they all say the same. DC, Luke, any top grappler they bring in and khabib has his way with them. If you haven't seen anything about it before its because you didn't look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Big Snack said:

Talk with anyone on the team and they all say the same. DC, Luke, any top grappler they bring in and khabib has his way with them. If you haven't seen anything about it before its because you didn't look.

I assume you’re talking about these videos?

https://punditarena.com/mma/ccunningham/1watch-khabib-nurmagomedov-grappling-daniel-cormier-luke-rockhold/

 

A couple videos of teammates messing around and doing light take down/grappling defense means absolutely nothing.

 

The videos are showing pretty routine warm ups/technique practice where both guys are going about 50% - 60% and allowing one another to do their techniques while giving partial defense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Lol if anyone truly believes Khabib has his way with DC...

Lol just as hard at things like Usman beating Khabib or anyone in 170 beating him. He kills himself to get to 155. He'd maul 170 guys even harder. I don't believe he beats on DC, who is also overrated like Usman, but isn't a slug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lol just as hard at things like Usman beating Khabib or anyone in 170 beating him. He kills himself to get to 155. He'd maul 170 guys even harder. I don't believe he beats on DC, who is also overrated like Usman, but isn't a slug. 

And Usman is a big 170. Khabib is great, and #2 P4P behind JJ, but Usman would be at least 10 lbs heavier than Khabib on fight night and his wrestling while not amazing, paired with the size advantage would make things very hard for Khabib.

 

My main objection was the absolute lunacy that Khabib beats DC in wrestling....DC is a better wrestler and far too big for Khabib. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pats#1 said:

And Usman is a big 170. Khabib is great, and #2 P4P behind JJ, but Usman would be at least 10 lbs heavier than Khabib on fight night and his wrestling while not amazing, paired with the size advantage would make things very hard for Khabib.

 

My main objection was the absolute lunacy that Khabib beats DC in wrestling....DC is a better wrestler and far too big for Khabib. 

BUT HE WRESTLES BEARS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, beekay414 said:

BUT HE WRESTLES BEARS!

You'd think between what has been said since Usman beat Woodley that Usman wrestles and beats 3 bears at once.

 

Guy is quickly becoming overrated. OMG HE DIDNT GET KNOCKED OUT BY A GUY WITH NO PUNCHING POWER AND HE LAID ON WOODLEY FOR 5 ROUNDS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

You'd think between what has been said since Usman beat Woodley that Usman wrestles and beats 3 bears at once.

 

Guy is quickly becoming overrated. OMG HE DIDNT GET KNOCKED OUT BY A GUY WITH NO PUNCHING POWER AND HE LAID ON WOODLEY FOR 5 ROUNDS.

I haven't said a damn thing about Usman. Just laughing at the notion that Khabib out wrestles Daniel friggin Cormier. 

Edited by beekay414

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thirsty Usman being thirsty

Playing hurt trying to play on a Masvidal/Conor interim WW title fight for those PPV points 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-20 at 6:36 PM, beekay414 said:

Lol if anyone truly believes Khabib has his way with DC...

Considering DC himself said Khabib takes him down in training at will, why would that be hard to believe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2020-01-20 at 12:34 AM, Big Snack said:

Talk with anyone on the team and they all say the same. DC, Luke, any top grappler they bring in and khabib has his way with them. If you haven't seen anything about it before its because you didn't look.

I'm guessing you seen the interview where DC himself says Khabib takes him down in training at will

But in typical FF fashion a statement like this gets twisted into sarcastic comments about "Khabib out wrestling DC" or "having his way with DC."

Reading comprehension is important in life people lol

Edited by BillsGuy82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Considering DC himself said Khabib takes him down in training at will, why would that be hard to believe?

Khabib literally couldn't take Tibau down. The fight went 3 rounds. 

Also a lot of his takedown attempts get stopped by 55ers. He just tries a lot. He is great at keeping people down, he isn't that great at getting people down. 

He basically has to get 2/3 takedowns a fight to win because he will win that round cause they won't be able to get up. 

And he hasn't even fought basically any good/great wrestlers in his entire career.

Edited by 11sanchez11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Considering DC himself said Khabib takes him down in training at will, why would that be hard to believe?

Yeah and Ben Askren says Pettis is a great wrestler in camp. Teammates say crap all the time. Take it with a grain of sand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Considering DC himself said Khabib takes him down in training at will, why would that be hard to believe?

Because the two are friends and always joking around....and because it’s just absolutely crazy talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×