MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

3 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Korean Zombie has fought once in a little over 5 years.

well some of that is injury, some was his 2 year military service in south korea, and when he finished that he did not come straight back to MMA. He did a gracie jits comp before his return.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree with you, the UFC needs to be adding more divisions, not eliminating them. It'll be interesting to see how all of the 125er's adjust to being at 135. I think Cejudo has a really strong shot at beating Dillashaw, as of right now he's probably the only guy that has a chance.

I honestly don't think he can beat TJ. I'd be shocked if he did. TJ is a way better striker and his wrestling is plenty good if needed but he won't want to take it there 

actually it sounds like they might use this as the last fight of the flyweight division. That would be a lot more dignified exit, a champ vs champ superfight, than some random fight on the prelims, which would be kinda like the Baltimore Colts relocating in the middle of the night.

how awesome would it be if they fought a FOTY type of fight and it forced the UFC to change their mind and keep the 125 division. That would be an amazing moment in ufc history there, like the Griffin-Bonnar fight

46 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

actually it sounds like they might use this as the last fight of the flyweight division. That would be a lot more dignified exit, a champ vs champ superfight, than some random fight on the prelims, which would be kinda like the Baltimore Colts relocating in the middle of the

Yeah, they got the idea from Chiesa, maybe. But he said it about 170 (in his attempt to convince them to do a 175 lbs division). He said to do GSP vs. Woodley to decide the GOAT 170er as a sendoff. 

But they should probably promote it as the sendoff fight so people don't think it is pointless.

Edited by 11sanchez11