MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

On 7/4/2019 at 11:23 PM, beekay414 said:

Predictions

Jon Jones def. Thiago Santos via UD (50-45 across the board)
Holly Holm def. Amanda Nunes via UD (48-47, 48-47, 49-46)
Ben Askren def. Jorge Masvidal via 2nd round Sub (Head and arm triangle)
Luke Rockhold def. Jan Blachowicz via 3rd round TKO (strikes)
Michael Chiesa def. Diego Sanchez via UD (29-28 across the board)
Arnold Allen def. Gilbert Melendez via UD (29-28 across the board)

You really believe this goes to a decision?

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Why? They ignore Nunes 4 losses...

And it's not like Holly has ever been beaten soundly.

True and she was winning the Tate fight before getting subbed in the 5th but Nunes has a much better resume of late too. Yes if Holm won it would close the gap but she would have to be Amanda again and/or avenge her loss to Cyborg imo

2 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

You really believe this goes to a decision?

5 of his last 7 fights have. We all know Santos isn't winning a decision but sometimes I cant help but feel Jon just wants to play with guys for 25 minutes. DC and Gusty 2 tried attacking him in pressers(albeit warranted) so he crushed them. To me Jones losing in the next 2-3 years would be one of the biggest upsets in MMA history. He is just so untouchable

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

5 of his last 7 fights have. We all know Santos isn't winning a decision but sometimes I cant help but feel Jon just wants to play with guys for 25 minutes. DC and Gusty 2 tried attacking him in pressers(albeit warranted) so he crushed them. To me Jones losing in the next 2-3 years would be one of the biggest upsets in MMA history. He is just so untouchable

Would love to see him get curb stomped by a heavyweight...maybe ngannou

31 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True and she was winning the Tate fight before getting subbed in the 5th but Nunes has a much better resume of late too. Yes if Holm won it would close the gap but she would have to be Amanda again and/or avenge her loss to Cyborg imo

I mean, we can argue resumes all day but we'd be talking about the women that beat both the GOATs. 

Edited by beekay414

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, we can argue resumes all day but we'd be talking about the women that beat both the GOATs. 

Cyborg and Valentina>>>>>Ronda

Ronda's best wins are Meisha and Cat. That's really it. And Meisha is a bad matchup against Ronda and Cat did one of the dumbest things ever. She looked like an amateur against the two best fighters she went against. 

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Cyborg and Valentina>>>>>Ronda

Ronda's best wins are Meisha and Cat. That's really it. And Meisha is a bad matchup against Ronda and Cat did one of the dumbest things ever. She looked like an amateur against the two best fighters she went against. 

I know RRs resume wasnt amazing but she did clear out the division

24 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know RRs resume wasnt amazing but she did clear out the division

Ya you cant deny rouseys greatness but i dont feel like holly beat prime rousey. Holm definitely deserves recognition but more as an assassin than a goat.