MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Anyone watch the new episode of TUF?

Is it just me or is Luis at total prick?

He and Dulani are so freakin annoying. 

Yeah they're both pricks (immature is probably the right word to use) - but Luis is gonna be a problem for the rest of the fighters. He's got the size advantage and showed some well versed striking in his first fight. 

9 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Yeah they're both pricks (immature is probably the right word to use) - but Luis is gonna be a problem for the rest of the fighters. He's got the size advantage and showed some well versed striking in his first fight. 

Yea I will admit, he isn't a likable person but he has a diverse skillset standing up. Wonder how he'd do vs a legit wrestler/grappler

On 5/4/2018 at 11:53 AM, Remixxxxxxx said:

i don't like that fellow either, but he's the most talented guy i've seen on the show in a minute 

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

If Dern wins again, how long before she is thrust into the title shot?

if she beats Cooper she'll need at least 3 more wins I'd think. A meh performance against that TUF girl and a win against Cooper isn't much. Lots of girls ahead of her. She gets beat by most of the ppl in the top 15 besides maybe Grasso and Ansaroff. Unless she improved a lot. 

19 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

i don't like that fellow either, but he's the most talented guy i've seen on the show in a minute 

He has a diverse striking attack and does seem bigger than everyone. I dont think he has the punching power to KO in 1 shot but he has some nasty kicks that might get him a KO bonus

15 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

if she beats Cooper she'll need at least 3 more wins I'd think. A meh performance against that TUF girl and a win against Cooper isn't much. Lots of girls ahead of her. She gets beat by most of the ppl in the top 15 besides maybe Grasso and Ansaroff. Unless she improved a lot. 

I feel like she gets her shot probably sooner than people would like/expect because she is well-known and attractive. Seems to be the UFC go-to almost. Her striking looked so awful though. Winging those punches will get her killed. One person i do really like in that division that actually is ranked is Tatiana Suarez. She might be a bit of a 1-trick pony being more of a grappler but its a helluva trick

fights in may i like & initial thoughts on them

Rafael Carvalho v. Gegard Mousasi (nice title fight. see how legit Carvalho is. can't imagine this'll be super fun. but really competitive title fight on a bellator card which is always nice) 
Mirko Cro Cop v. Roy Nelson (couple nice past their prime throw down legends. holy ****. cro cop is on a 8 fight win streak i didn't realize. kinda intrigued to watch. no idea who wins)
Michael Page v. David Rickels (see if MVP is legit. first decent test he's had. rickels is always fun. this should be a blast.)
Phil Davis v. Linton Vassell (should be a boring 15 minute phil davis blanket fight. but kinda interested anyway.)
Ryan Bader v. King Mo (this will be slow and boring. but im here for all the bellator tournament fights. bader should dominate)
Paul Daley v. Jon Fitch (i've never seen jon fitch fight. two polar opposite fighters. im interested. no idea how it plays out, but rooting for daley) 
Aaron Pico v. Lee Morison (showcase for pico. pico fights are fun.)
Stephen Thompson v. Darren Till (not gonna be a war obviously and fully expect wonderboy to outpoint him. probably the most interesting fight in the month though for me)
Jason Knight v. Makwan Amirkhani (two fun prospects coming off losses. i think this will be a really fun one. think knight takes it)
Amanda Nunes v. Raquel Pennington (can't imagine nunes loses. hard to not be interested in title fights tho. pennington might surprise.. she can withstand a flurry. i dunno.)
Vitor Belfort v. Lyoto Machida (hell yeah to this. stylistically really interesting obviously. should be fun for a round. if it goes past that still fun to see legends go at it) 
Jacare Souza v. Kelvin Gastelum (most high level fight of the month? probably. this is fun. this is interesting. fight of the month)
Mackenzie Dern v. Amanda Cooper (should be a dern win. i think it'll be tough tho. i dont either are that good.) 
John Linker v. Brian Kelleher (this is gonna be a good time. expect linker to beat him. but boom's gonna throw down. might be FOTM in terms of entertainment)
Veronica Macedo v. Andrea Lee (hot skilled strikers. this is a good time.)
Alexa Grasso v. Tatiana Suarez (i think suarez quickly beats grasso tbh. interested to finally see her again)
Kamaru Usman v. Demain Maia (Usman's first real legit test. this is good stuff. this could get the usman hype train really rolling)
Manny Bermudez v. Davey Grant (manny is fun. i dunno who davey grant is. but im here for bermudez)
Claudio Silva v. Nordine Taleb (two nice strikers. i wont fast forward this one.) 
David Teymur v. Don Madge (teymur's fun. dunno don madge. probably a showcase fight.) 
Elias Theodorou v. Trevor Smith (p4p 1 cutie pie male. he needs a win. if he loses to trevor smith im done w/ him)
Karl Roberson v. Cezar Ferreira (roberson has looked pretty nice. cezar a decent opponent. good test fight for roberson)
Warlley Alves v. Sultan Aliev (alves looked good his last fight? i dunno. wont fast forward) 
Vicente Luque v. Chad Laprise (two solid up n comers. this will be a fun fight.)
Dominick Reyes v. Jared Cannonier (Reyes has been fun. believe he's undefeated with all finishes. cannonier is pretty good. this is a good one)
Brandon Moreno v. Alexandre Pantoja (moreno fights are always wild. pantoja fights safe/technical. interesting match up. think moreno has more tools, but interesting match up)

Edited by jfinley88

5 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Looking at 224:

Cant see how Rocky wins at all

Hope Jacare smokes Gastelum. Want him to get the next shot at Whittaker even though he got merked last time

If Dern wins again, how long before she is thrust into the title shot?

Think Jacare-Gastelum could be a little like Weidman-Gastelum. Kelvin's hands are so quick, I won't be surprised if he lights Jacare up early. Kelvin needs to finish though, because like the Weidman fight he's giving up a lot of size and strength, and this time against an even better grappler. I can see Jacare coming on in the 2nd/3rd and getting a sub after losing the first.

11 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

Mirko Cro Cop v. Roy Nelson (couple nice past their prime throw down legends. holy ****. cro cop is on a 8 fight win streak i didn't realize. kinda intrigued to watch. no idea who wins) Should be a fun one. Can never tell the length of the fights because Nelson doesnt get put down often
Michael Page v. David Rickels (see if MVP is legit. first decent test he's had. rickels is always fun. this should be a blast.) About time MVP get a legit fight
Stephen Thompson v. Darren Till (not gonna be a war obviously and fully expect wonderboy to outpoint him. probably the most interesting fight in the month though for me) Isn't Till looking for a war? I feel like he will pressure Thompson. Could play into Wonderboy's hands to counter the pressure but should be fun
Vitor Belfort v. Lyoto Machida (hell yeah to this. stylistically really interesting obviously. should be fun for a round. if it goes past that still fun to see legends go at it) This fight has no implications for anything but i expect/hope someone goes down quickly. 
Jacare Souza v. Kelvin Gastelum (most high level fight of the month? probably. this is fun. this is interesting. fight of the month) Love Jacare and hope he smokes Gastelum. Kelvin needs to fight at WW
Mackenzie Dern v. Amanda Cooper (should be a dern win. i think it'll be tough tho. i dont either are that good.) I dont understand the appeal with Cooper
John Linker v. Brian Kelleher (this is gonna be a good time. expect linker to beat him. but boom's gonna throw down. might be FOTM in terms of entertainment)Love watching Lineker fight but he is just half a step too slow to win a belt.
Alexa Grasso v. Tatiana Suarez (i think suarez quickly beats grasso tbh. interested to finally see her again) Suarez is going places
Kamaru Usman v. Demain Maia (Usman's first real legit test. this is good stuff. this could get the usman hype train really rolling) Super stoked for this one. Kind of want Usman to win to get fresh blood. 
Manny Bermudez v. Davey Grant (manny is fun. i dunno who davey grant is. but im here for bermudez) Glad to see Davey back. He was on the RR/Tate TUF season
David Teymur v. Don Madge (teymur's fun. dunno don madge. probably a showcase fight.) After Teymur beat Lando, he came on a lot of radars
Elias Theodorou v. Trevor Smith (p4p 1 cutie pie male. he needs a win. if he loses to trevor smith im done w/ him) Yea Spartan talked himself up big and gone 3-2 since with no finishes. Cardio machine or not, you gotta try and put someone away dude
Vicente Luque v. Chad Laprise (two solid up n comers. this will be a fun fight.) Should be a barn-burner
Brandon Moreno v. Alexandre Pantoja (moreno fights are always wild. pantoja fights safe/technical. interesting match up. think moreno has more tools, but interesting match up) Moreno has improved a ton since TUF and he is facing his 1st and only TUF opponent from the show who beat him with a RNC but even in his loss he showed he was much better than a 16 seed

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

Think Jacare-Gastelum could be a little like Weidman-Gastelum. Kelvin's hands are so quick, I won't be surprised if he lights Jacare up early. Kelvin needs to finish though, because like the Weidman fight he's giving up a lot of size and strength, and this time against an even better grappler. I can see Jacare coming on in the 2nd/3rd and getting a sub after losing the first.

Yea Jacare has to survive though. I know he is the champ but Whittaker beat him so bad in the 1st he had nothing left in the 2nd and got finished. As much as I love Jacare he has always been in a weird spot with opponents having not fought Weidman, Rockhold, Bisping or Gastelum instead he fought Brunson, Boetsch and Vitor for 3 of his last 4. This might be his first fight against a contender that won't see the next shot if he wins