MMA Thread

steelcurtain29

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Kai is fighting Pettis at 245

Yeah, I know. bit of a shame not to have him on this card, but would have been a tough turnaround.

Don't know what's up with Shane Young. Might not be fit, or might just be taking some time off. Can't wait to see him again, his last two fights were super exciting.

41 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yeah, I know. bit of a shame not to have him on this card, but would have been a tough turnaround.

Don't know what's up with Shane Young. Might not be fit, or might just be taking some time off. Can't wait to see him again, his last two fights were super exciting.

Yea its true, even 245 is just 3.5 months away so still quick especially after a UD bout

3 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Waste how? I'm super excited for this. Great litmus test for Gillespie, moves him close to contender status if he wins

Just don't see what Lee offers Gregor in terms of a challenge, that's all. Lee's wrestling is overrated and Gillespie is a Khabib type mauler. Lee's striking sucks so he's not going to be much of a problem for Gregor there. 

I dunno. If Lee wins that fights, I'll officially be done saying anything about MMA lol. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Just don't see what Lee offers Gregor in terms of a challenge, that's all. Lee's wrestling is overrated and Gillespie is a Khabib type mauler. Lee's striking sucks so he's not going to be much of a problem for Gregor there. 

I dunno. If Lee wins that fights, I'll officially be done saying anything about MMA lol. 

Why do I feel like you've said this several times before? lol

19 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Ok, well I'm glad at least that you think Lee is not up to it, rather than Gillespie.

But even if Lee is on the level you say he is (I think you're underrating him a bit), he's still the best fighter Gillespie's faced so far, and still carries name value as well. Even if Gillespie walks through him like you're saying, that's a big jump for Gillespie's profile, which is what he needs, with few people really knowing who he is.