All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Calling it right now: Stephanie comes out next week and makes the Raw Women's Title match @ SummerSlam a Title vs. Career match. I just got that feelin'. 

In any event, though, Ronda's obviously gonna win. 

Edited by KManX89

3 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

WWE gonna WWE 

To be fair, we all knew it was gonna be Lashley vs. Reigns next week with Reigns going obvs going over.

Then when Reigns inevitably wins at SS and sends Brock packing his bags for UFC, these two will most likely continue their feud for a little while. 

Edited by KManX89

The strange thing is, once Brock leaves Raw, they're going to need to fill the top heel spot. There aren't any great established heels on the show right now. Owens is probably the best guy you have to occupy that spot, but he hasn't really been booked strongly enough yet. Drew McIntyre could fill that role maybe? They need someone to be the "monster heel" for the babyfaces to chase. Rollins and/or Strowman don't appear to be turning any time soon, nor should they. I really do think a Reigns heel turn is coming, but they are apparently going to let this long-term story of Reigns chasing the title play itself out. 

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

The strange thing is, once Brock leaves Raw, they're going to need to fill the top heel spot. There aren't any great established heels on the show right now. Owens is probably the best guy you have to occupy that spot, but he hasn't really been booked strongly enough yet. Drew McIntyre could fill that role maybe? They need someone to be the "monster heel" for the babyfaces to chase. Rollins and/or Strowman don't appear to be turning any time soon, nor should they. I really do think a Reigns heel turn is coming, but they are apparently going to let this long-term story of Reigns chasing the title play itself out. 

Stroman is going to have a title run this year and so if Reigns wins the belt, it won’t be a long run. I think Stroman will cash in at summer slam and join the match. He doesn’t seem like the kind of guy to come in last second, so I suspect he joins before it starts. 

Rollins needs to win the rumble and challenge Stroman at mania. When was the last time the main belt was defender at mania without some part timer in the match? It’s been a while. 

Yeah, they need to come up with a new heel or 2 on RAW. Elias and Owens are among my favorites but don't know if either have top heel potential. Maybe have Reigns win the belt in a Rock like manner (Survivor Series 1998 where Rock turned heel). As to Strowman have him keep the briefcase for a while. 

On 7/16/2018 at 7:10 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Obviously setting up Reigns vs Lashley 

but why can’t we get Elias beating Lesnar for the belt at summer slam. Tell me that wouldn’t be awesome. 

It wouldn't be awesome.  And it wouldn't be believable in the slightest.  Elias has gotten beaten from pillar to post by pretty much every big opponent he's faced, save for when he busted a guitar on Braun.  Rollins may be smaller, if not the same size, but he's gone over on big guys before, so there's precedent there.  Without putting Elias over the likes of Roman, Lashley, and Braun in succession leading into Summer Slam, it's not believable that he'd be able to stand with, much less defeat, a guy who put down Roman, Goldberg, Joe, and Braun in the last 18 mos.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, Livewire said:

Lashley was a good heel in TNA.

It's why I would have actually preferred they have given Lashley a brief run in NXT - you don't even need to have give him a run with the belt just a couple marquee feuds (would have been a great opportunity to let Dain and Lars work an experienced "bigger guy" versus just each other before Sanity went up), so he could get the nostalgia bit out of the way and allow him to come back to the main roster as a heel.  Babyface Lashley is the embodiment of paint drying.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The LBC said:

It wouldn't be awesome.  And it wouldn't be believable in the slightest.  Elias has gotten beaten from pillar to post by pretty much every big opponent he's faced, save for when he busted a guitar on Braun.  Rollins may be smaller, if not the same size, but he's gone over on big guys before, so there's precedent there.  Without putting Elias over the likes of Roman, Lashley, and Braun in succession leading into Summer Slam, it's not believable that he'd be able to stand with, much less defeat, a guy who put down Roman, Goldberg, Joe, and Braun in the last 18 mos.

WWE being believable sailed a long time ago. Mahal just had a 7 month title run....