All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Great match between Andrade and Mysterio

I just... don't get why this wasn't saved for Mania.  Like, you could have lit the candle on these Smackdowns leading up to the Rumble, have a massive flare occur between the two of them in the Rumble, and then bridges from there to Mania where you could have had a great mid-card match that would have helped put over (even if he didn't win, Rey is great at helping heels get long-term shine even when he beats them) a young and promising talent.

But then again... Shane can't even remember what Sunday the Rumble is on...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

I just... don't get why this wasn't saved for Mania.  Like, you could have lit the candle on these Smackdowns leading up to the Rumble, have a massive flare occur between the two of them in the Rumble, and then bridges from there to Mania where you could have had a great mid-card match that would have helped put over (even if he didn't win, Rey is great at helping heels get long-term shine even when he beats them) a young and promising talent.

They can still do it at mania if they want.  This is Janruary, its far enough away where it can still feel kind of fresh and they can do the look at the match they had two months ago tagline at their disposal

likely though they have other plans for both superstars

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:
13 hours ago, The LBC said:

They can still do it at mania if they want.  This is Janruary, its far enough away where it can still feel kind of fresh and they can do the look at the match they had two months ago tagline at their disposal

Agreed, I think this Smackdown while maybe slightly better ratings as it almost leads into the Rumble, I think it was a solid spot to test out the match, and then give them some sort of stipulation match for Mania. Best 2 out of 3 or something.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Vince: "They're tiny.  Put 'em in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.  More tiny people for Lars to eliminate."

From what i've heard, lars is acting like king **** already backstage so he might not get the push originally imagined for him

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

From what i've heard, lars is acting like king **** already backstage so he might not get the push originally imagined for him

That's never stopped anyone that Vince gets a hair up his butt that he "loves" and sees as the next "big man."  I think what may actually end up keeping him from getting the push people are imagining is the same thing that, reportedly, held back Revival - once Vince actually saw them in person (and they weren't as big as he thought they would be), he "didn't get it (with them)."  On NXT programming because of camera angles and the general size of the talent against which he was booked, Lars looked enormous wherein he's actually, at best, Triple H's height.  I mean, he's closer to Finn's height than he is Strowman's - to provide two extreme examples:

yDUQpauO9D2_U850Wq89RYvyPAZTZtBNthfI8FZK

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Revival asked for their release and so did Mike and Maria.

Maria seems to disagree with that.  Too many newz sites out there.  If it's not coming from Alvarez or Meltzer, or a few other select reporters to know by name, most internet wrestling news is just conjecture at this point.  And it's going to be a popular story to grab a lot of clicks right now to report that any underused WWE midcard talent is "asking for their release."

Reality is, if they think they're going to get a WrestleMania check (and anyone who appears in, at minimum, the Andre BR will get one), guys are going to stick it out through there because AEW doesn't have anything scheduled until Double or Nothing - which is, not-so-obscurely, booked on the safe-side of the no-compete period for the post-Mania let-go's (which is probably the soonest Vince would let them have their releases anyway).