All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

24 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I really hope Rollins wins the belt at Mania and Reigns turns heel on him. Its the perfect set up and the two of them can feud it out next year. I am absolutely sick of the Universal title being a non factor in wwe programming. I get that they were making the change finally and there was the unfortunate step back with Reigns, but come on take the belt off Lesnar already. 

Lesnar won the belt on November 2nd, and its been defended 1 time, at the Royal Rumble. 

Reigns won't turn heel. It was unlikely to happen before his cancer announcement, but now there's about no chance it happens. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong in this scenario, but I can't see Vince giving the go-ahead on a Reigns heel turn.

• Like 1

This Ciampa thing makes no sense. They knew the guy was hurt before being called up. So they call him up, works both shows, NXT and house shows. And planned on doing so until after the April events. Then sending him off to get surgery.

Now its worse than they expected, or got worse so hes in surgery today. Theyre that desperate that they need to call up someone clearly injured to help ratings.

9 hours ago, DawgX said:

Reigns won't turn heel. It was unlikely to happen before his cancer announcement, but now there's about no chance it happens. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be wrong in this scenario, but I can't see Vince giving the go-ahead on a Reigns heel turn.

Turning him just for the sake of turning him is stupid.  Sorry, but doing something for shock value with no other logic behind it is shortsighted and dumb.  It just is.  There is literally no logical reason why Reigns' character would turn heel without making him completely irredeemable (which, with the exception of certain guys who are simply always going to be heels their entire career, is not something you want in a heel).

10 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Becky has to be winning the Main Event at Mania right?

Now with Ronda undergoing the heel turn, I could actually see Ronda going over.  The only one I'm confident isn't winning is Charlotte.  Probably going to come down to which match closes the show.  If the women's match doesn't close, Ronda very well could retain.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Turning him just for the sake of turning him is stupid.  Sorry, but doing something for shock value with no other logic behind it is shortsighted and dumb.  It just is.  There is literally no logical reason why Reigns' character would turn heel without making him completely irredeemable (which, with the exception of certain guys who are simply always going to be heels their entire career, is not something you want in a heel).

Could they do something with them always booing him and how it took getting cancer to get cheers? 

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Could they do something with them always booing him and how it took getting cancer to get cheers? 

Having him lose a few matches to help others while not starting every Raw with 20 mins of him. Remember before he got sick, I mentioned at one point he opened Raw 14 of 15 weeks. Which could of gone on but I stopped watching till he got sick.

12 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Except they're not booing him - the one "I'm edgy and going to boo the guy whose beaten (knock on wood) cancer twice" dude who the rest of the crowd crapped all over.

The problem isn't Roman.  It never was Roman.  It's VINCE's handling of Roman.  Watch the WWE Chronicle they did on Roman, that guy is a guy you want helming your ship.  He's well-spoken, he's funny, he works his butt off, he's personable, he looks the part, and he can go in the ring (it's the same stuff Cena had to endure because the producers on his matches were content to let his "Hogan" his way through with the Five Moves of Doom).  And there are other things that really ought to be pointed out and matter more to folks than they do: Like the fact that he's a phenomenal base, he actually sells (and when he selling a body part he doesn't magically use that body part when he needs it), and he's one of the safest guys to work with.

What you're suggesting is literally forcing a heel turn just for the sake of a heel turn.  HE DOESN'T NEED IT.  As crappy as it is to say: Cancer got Roman back over.  If Vince can keep from trying to shove him down everyone's throat again and just let him ride the wave of fan support.  If anything, what makes more sense than turning Roman heel is doubling-down on Roman being a babyface and having someone screw him over to turn heel (and no, unless you're planning to do Roman vs Ambrose at Mania, you don't do make that Ambrose because you don't turn a guy heel on his way out of the company so that he gets over at the expense of one of your babyfaces and then leaves without getting comeuppance).

On 3/6/2019 at 3:14 AM, PARROTHEAD said:

Was a nice surprise. Think we will get a Mysterio/Joe feud for Mania? Or will Rey stick with Andrade till then?

I see that they added Andrade/Mysterio to the preshow on Sunday. It should be part of Fastlane. Those two have put on terrific matches on Smackdown. I could see them doing another great match at WM ending the feud with Andrade going over.

Maybe an Ali/Joe at WM?

Good Brothers look to be the next to head on for greener pastures. Say they wont renew their contracts with WWE. Maybe they want even more money to stay, but theyve only been used twice on air this year. In losing efforts.

Pancake tossing and assaulting police are to important to WWE to give them a fair chance I guess.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Lol Charlotte went in on Ronda after Ronda's "**** the WWE Universe" video rant. Never thought I'd love Charlotte but here we are...

Ronda should toss up Ric calling Honkytonk Mans podcast drunk and asking for the money HTM said hed give him for belts and such.

HTM: "Look Ric. Why give the money to you when I could go to the pawn shop and buy them there." xD

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Hmmm starting to wonder if this ambrose leaving thing is a work 

Yeah I think it is. It's been a bit odd since the start with WWE themselves actually announcing he wasn't going to renew his contract. Could see them have him turn on Reigns again after Fastlane so they try to re-do his heel run and book it a lot better.

ORRR wonder if Roman would turn on him... payback for the night Roman announced the leukaemia.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:17 PM, beekay414 said:

Lol Charlotte went in on Ronda after Ronda's "**** the WWE Universe" video rant. Never thought I'd love Charlotte but here we are...

Ronda is turning into the perfect Heel the WWE needs right now.