All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

Becky gonna win by DQ here?

That was my biggest complaint about the PPV.  They made Becky look like a goober.  I had no problem with Ronda having a part to play in the match, but it needed to lead to Becky tapping Charlotte or at least getting a quick roll-up.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Styles vs Orton is going to be a pointless match for mania

Pointless how?  Both are great workers.  Orton is gold on the mic as a heel and - aside from the fact that the most recent one he had on SD where he asked AJ why he was rooting for another guy to get a championship opportunity and made AJ look like a moron - he can promo enough storyline to give reason for a match.  But honest, they're both former champions trying to put themselves back in the limelight for title contention... THAT'S ALL THE STORY YOU REALLY NEED!

Fun Fact: First PPV in history to have 6 title matches. In which all title holders retained.

Id settle for the same at Mania if it meant we didnt have to see pancakes being tossed or Seth giving one of his overly boring monotone speeches the following nights.

3 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

this ambrose thing feels more and more like a work every event.  WWE is going out of their way to make it known ambrose is" leaving"

Honestly, i feel like that's to make it seem less like someone they've actually pushed as legitimate is choosing to leave them.  The Jericho and Taker (even though Taker's really only taking out-of-ring bookings) stuff has Vince shook somewhat.

All that said, with WWE Logic, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean turn (again!) tonight when they undoubtedly try to do some rehashing of the match from last night again (probably won't be an actual match - but it'll be something that ultimately puts all three of the Shield guys at the ring at the same time as Drew/Lashley/Corbin) and we end up with an Ambrose/Reigns match at Mania.  Because at this point what else do they have for Roman at Mania?  Corbin... again?!

9 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Honestly, i feel like that's to make it seem less like someone they've actually pushed as legitimate is choosing to leave them.  The Jericho and Taker (even though Taker's really only taking out-of-ring bookings) stuff has Vince shook somewhat.

All that said, with WWE Logic, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dean turn (again!) tonight when they undoubtedly try to do some rehashing of the match from last night again (probably won't be an actual match - but it'll be something that ultimately puts all three of the Shield guys at the ring at the same time as Drew/Lashley/Corbin) and we end up with an Ambrose/Reigns match at Mania.  Because at this point what else do they have for Roman at Mania?  Corbin... again?!

McIntyre 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

McIntyre 

He's not getting booked against McIntyre.  Drew's going over at Mania and they're not going to put him over Reigns; they're just not.  Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be shocked if we get McIntyre/Angle again with Drew "retiring" Kurt to give him more street cred.  I get the feeling we'll get McIntyre/Reigns at some point this year, but they'll slow burn that sucker.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

I was thinking the same thing because I have no idea what else they'd do with Reigns. Put him in a match with Lashley? Meh. Unless Vince tries to force him somehow into the Lesnar/Rollins match. xD

32 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I was thinking the same thing because I have no idea what else they'd do with Reigns. Put him in a match with Lashley? Meh. Unless Vince tries to force him somehow into the Lesnar/Rollins match. xD

Because Rollins had been nursing a back injury (and was facing the prospect of a match with Brock who notoriously works stiff), I had reservations going into last night that Reigns' Mania future was a bit in limbo in case they needed to sub him in.  But then Seth carried a decent amount of the work in the match last night and took numerous bumps to his back unprotected, so I have to figure he's good to go.

We could honestly see some weird amalgam wherein they try to get guys on the card that they feel are "too big" for the Andre BR, and team up Roman and Braun against opponents.  I still think we get some sort of multi-man gimmick match (and we know how Vince loves to do ladder matches at Mania).  So I could see Roman (and Braun for that matter) being put into a an IC Title Ladder match with Finn, Elias, maybe Lashley, , maybe one of Richochet or Aleister (I don't think they do both, but both have shown they can shine in ladder matches before).

What I'm holding out hope for, but I doubt we get, is for Lashley and Corbin to turn back on messing with Braun and have Braun be the device to bringing Bray back in (possibly even Harper too if they can fit a third guy who isn't Drew with Lashley and Corbin - could realistically be Elias, but I'd like to see him get a singles match after being largely a sideshow act last year).  Hell, you book that as Braun looking like Braun will take on all 3, but then brings "his family" back to have his back.  You do a (minus Rowan) Wyatt Family reunion at Mania and people will flip - and it might help get a little fire behind Braun again since he's lost a lot of steam since the summer.

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Because Rollins had been nursing a back injury (and was facing the prospect of a match with Brock who notoriously works stiff), I had reservations going into last night that Reigns' Mania future was a bit in limbo in case they needed to sub him in.  But then Seth carried a decent amount of the work in the match last night and took numerous bumps to his back unprotected, so I have to figure he's good to go.

We could honestly see some weird amalgam wherein they try to get guys on the card that they feel are "too big" for the Andre BR, and team up Roman and Braun against opponents.  I still think we get some sort of multi-man gimmick match (and we know how Vince loves to do ladder matches at Mania).  So I could see Roman (and Braun for that matter) being put into a an IC Title Ladder match with Finn, Elias, maybe Lashley, , maybe one of Richochet or Aleister (I don't think they do both, but both have shown they can shine in ladder matches before).

What I'm holding out hope for, but I doubt we get, is for Lashley and Corbin to turn back on messing with Braun and have Braun be the device to bringing Bray back in (possibly even Harper too if they can fit a third guy who isn't Drew with Lashley and Corbin - could realistically be Elias, but I'd like to see him get a singles match after being largely a sideshow act last year).  Hell, you book that as Braun looking like Braun will take on all 3, but then brings "his family" back to have his back.  You do a (minus Rowan) Wyatt Family reunion at Mania and people will flip - and it might help get a little fire behind Braun again since he's lost a lot of steam since the summer.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm hoping that Wyatt returns to Smackdown and feuds with DB (or maybe even teams up with him and Rowan) but that's probably unlikely to happen.