All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

17 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Why is the Joe vs Reigns match, which has no point or purchase going on last?

An Vince then wonders why he doesnt get over. Because he constantly does dumb ×××× like that. 

This is how you cobrand a minor pay per view and make smackdown look like the B brand. 

Eventually they will have to give the belt to someone that will defend it 

Lesnar is only like 30 days away from breaking CM Punks “longest reign of the modern era” if my calculations are right then by moneyin the bank he will have that. 

Reigns over Lesnar at MITB definitely helps make it a major event. 

Also hope they do 4 MITB matches. 

That was one of the worst PPVs I can remember watching.

WWE actually has me dreading Styles/Nakamura continuing.  It takes a special kind of ineptitude to accomplish that.  They've botched the hell out of what should have been the easy for them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

That was one of the worst PPVs I can remember watching.

WWE actually has me dreading Styles/Nakamura continuing.  It takes a special kind of ineptitude to accomplish that.  They've botched the hell out of what should have been the easy for them.

It takes a special kind of talent to take 2 of the greatest ever and make them look like garbage. Its like getting to see Brady face Rodgers in the Super Bowl, and they combine for 80 yards, 3 picks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It takes a special kind of talent to take 2 of the greatest ever and make them look like garbage. Its like getting to see Brady face Rodgers in the Super Bowl, and they combine for 80 yards, 3 picks.

They aint homegrown talent ?

Leave it to the WWE to ruin one of their best matches of the year with a terrible finish. AJ vs Nakamura was so good, having that finish is absolutely terrible. Probably would’ve given it 4.5 stars before that ending. 

• Like 1

Couple more comments 

Thought Nia vs Bliss was pretty good. Made both girls look good.

Cass vs DB was merely average. Think Cass has potential though.

Sami and Kevin vs Braun and Lashley was a fun little match. KO and Sami are great. Hope that their  constant stabbing each other in the back relationship continues.

Still shocked at how anyone thought the finish to AJ Nak was a good idea. Clueless stooges. Ruined a phenomenal match, and dragged out a feud that should be over by now. They kill feuds by having all their matches in succession.

It also shocks me to no end how they CONTINUE to book Reigns the same way. Nobody wants to see him get his *** kicked the entire match just to hit a Superman punch and spear to win. It’s boring and played out. This was the major criticism of Cena back in the day, only difference is that Cena has way more charisma than Reigns to get over. They keep trying the same crap to get him over and it’s not working. They are never gonna get sympathy for him and he’s never gonna inspire people by his comebacks.

Very promising ppv, if they would’ve done AJ-Nak and the Reigns match right it would’ve been a great show.

Roman is in wwe purgatory. They refuse to push him as a heel and he won’t be accepted as a face because of the forcing off it. 

They book matches to try and put Roman over but it back fires. It either puts his opponent over or it’s so forced and boring that it makes the fans hate him every mother. 

I Ian so sick and tired of Reigns. I was hoping they would have Joe do something to him that knocks him out for a couple of months. It gives Joe a huge push towards Smack down and it gives Raw a freaking break from Reigns and potentially allowing someone like Rollins, Balor, or hell anyone else a chance.  

Im so sick of Roman and Brock

• Like 1

I thought that it was actually a solid ppv. Most of us at the place watching liked the AJ/Nakamura match, it was the logical story to tell with that match being a no DQ match. I can get how it wasn't everyone's type of match, but it is building up to some sort of crazy  match, too bad great balls of fire isn't a PPV anymore.

The Rollins/Miz match was good but didn't have any weight to them fighting. That was an issue with a lot of the matches during the night though, like Roman/Joe, there was no weight to it, so it just felt like a waste of time. 

The segment was Elias was a lot of fun, and everything that felt more like a gimmick was entertaining. I thought that the Charlotte/Carmella match was a lot better than I thought it would be. Charlotte can really carry a match and it reminded me a bit of when Charlotte and Naomi wrestled the first time, except I think that Naomi is a better wrestler and Carmella could keep up a quicker pace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Roman is in wwe purgatory. They refuse to push him as a heel and he won’t be accepted as a face because of the forcing off it. 

They book matches to try and put Roman over but it back fires. It either puts his opponent over or it’s so forced and boring that it makes the fans hate him every mother. 

I Ian so sick and tired of Reigns. I was hoping they would have Joe do something to him that knocks him out for a couple of months. It gives Joe a huge push towards Smack down and it gives Raw a freaking break from Reigns and potentially allowing someone like Rollins, Balor, or hell anyone else a chance.  

Im so sick of Roman and Brock

I'll be so happy when Lesnar leaves. I'm tired of a champion that shows up once every two months if that. I just want him gone.

And honestly my emotions about Reigns? I don't have any anymore. I'm just numb to him. I've grown so much apathy towards him that I don't care what he does. Reigns could have been an outstanding heel that everyone dislikes and then when he would eventually turn he would have been huge with the fans. They completely ruined it.

I saw a video of someone tweeted where people were actually leaving during the main event last night. We all knew how it was going to be booked.

only good match was rollins miz in the opener.  Every thing else was terrible.  Probably the worst PPV in a long time.  It was funny the camera panned to people leaving after Reigns won and X-Pac had the nerve to say "i hear cheers for Roman".

• Like 1

Would love the slightest bit of unpredictability in a show.

Will never grasp the idea of squashing all your top heels every single show. Then thinking you can roll into a ppv with feuds having any type of credibility. And yes I know you wouldnt call Owens strong performance against Braun a squash, I mean as the collective unit of heels. Heels going down all show long except for Jinder defeating Hornswoggle.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Would love the slightest bit of unpredictability in a show.

Will never grasp the idea of squashing all your top heels every single show. Then thinking you can roll into a ppv with feuds having any type of credibility. And yes I know you wouldnt call Owens strong performance against Braun a squash, I mean as the collective unit of heels. Heels going down all show long except for Jinder defeating Hornswoggle.

Last nights show was so bland. Idk if it’s laziness or if the writers are inept, but there’s zero reason that something different and memorable happens on every show. Raw is three freaking hours for crying out loud. Instead we get the same cookie cutter matches and promos.