All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Just now, DawgX said:

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. I'm hoping that Wyatt returns to Smackdown and feuds with DB (or maybe even teams up with him and Rowan) but that's probably unlikely to happen.

I don't think doing the route I suggested for having him return rules out him eventually going to Smackdown in the Superstar Shakeup - which is literally a week removed from the RAW after Mania.  I just feel like the ratings for RAW are still dragging so much that you really ought to pull out whatever minor stops you can to stir the pot for the next 4 weeks on the program.  If you can find some way to tease a Wyatt return (probably not this week, but the next) that gives you two weeks where there's the potential for people tuning in with the hope of seeing him return, figuring the go-home show is the most likely spot - then, even if his return at Mania is more telegraphed because it didn't come on RAW, it'll still get a good reaction.  You want to give some kind of payoff ahead of time, bring Harper in first, but leave the anticipation of Bray's comeback to the actual Mania event.

Honestly, the home stretch to Wrestlemania, except where brand-specific titles belts are concerned, I really don't think brand limitations should be that much of a concern.

1 hour ago, Livewire said:

Who does everyone think will be Angle's opponent at WM for his last match?

Depends on how they want to book it.  I'm old school in that I believe he should go out on his shield putting a guy who is actually going to be around for the next 10 years over (which I believe Kurt is too since Sting was the same way and Kurt and Sting apparently had a really eye-to-eye bond in TNA).  If that's the case, you book him against anyone you want to enshrine in Main Event Heel status for the foreseeable future: McIntyre, Joe, ideally you want someone who already has some legitimacy (and is a shade on the bigger side) because you don't want him constantly dragging the "I retired Kurt Angle" bit through the mud for longer than a year.

If they want to put him with a good worker (figure that the match will get the babyface over even in a loss - which I'm not sure I trust to occur with Angle at this point because he need to legitimately be carried) and let him get "one last win," I dunno.  I feel like even with Kurt's reputation (not to mention he's already spoken for) AJ would be hurt by losing to Angle.  Is Angle/Gable really that big of a draw?  And can we really trust them to not bring back Jason Jordan to get "retiring Kurt" wasted on him?

In other news, Robbie E, Wayne Bloom's (Beau Beverly of the Beverly Brothers) son Cal (who played football for UCF), and Stokley Hathaway all signed WWE developmental deals and are going to be in the next class reporting to the Performance Center.

10 hours ago, The LBC said:

Depends on how they want to book it.  I'm old school in that I believe he should go out on his shield putting a guy who is actually going to be around for the next 10 years over (which I believe Kurt is too since Sting was the same way and Kurt and Sting apparently had a really eye-to-eye bond in TNA).  If that's the case, you book him against anyone you want to enshrine in Main Event Heel status for the foreseeable future: McIntyre, Joe, ideally you want someone who already has some legitimacy (and is a shade on the bigger side) because you don't want him constantly dragging the "I retired Kurt Angle" bit through the mud for longer than a year.

If they want to put him with a good worker (figure that the match will get the babyface over even in a loss - which I'm not sure I trust to occur with Angle at this point because he need to legitimately be carried) and let him get "one last win," I dunno.  I feel like even with Kurt's reputation (not to mention he's already spoken for) AJ would be hurt by losing to Angle.  Is Angle/Gable really that big of a draw?  And can we really trust them to not bring back Jason Jordan to get "retiring Kurt" wasted on him?

McIntyre is a possibility, but it looks like he might have a match with Roman or Ambrose. 

Maybe Corbin?

38 minutes ago, DawgX said:

McIntyre is a possibility, but it looks like he might have a match with Roman or Ambrose. 

Maybe Corbin?

God I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility, since Vince loves the guy for some reason and we've seen that showdown too many times already.  And so help me if they give Corbin the cred of retiring Kurt...

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

God I hope not, but it's certainly a possibility, since Vince loves the guy for some reason and we've seen that showdown too many times already.  And so help me if they give Corbin the cred of retiring Kurt...

still think it's not gonna be roman vs mcintyre?  :)

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

still think it's not gonna be roman vs mcintyre?  :)

I'm 50/50.  People really ought to be hoping it's not Roman/McIntyre, because McIntyre is the most logical and best-built heel to put against a Universal Champion Seth.  Unless they really swerve heavy and put Drew over Roman at Mania (where babyfaces go over far more than not), that actually increases the odds that Brock doesn't drop the title.

Drew taking out the Shield guys en route to Seth makes sense as a build to him eventually challenging Seth for the title.  But with three weeks to go, it's also a way to keep Seth with something to do that isn't just promos with Heyman.

Is it just me or is acting getting worse in the WWE?

Randy AJ was so awful they might as well had a script in their hand reading it. NewDay Vince was even worse.

Heard HTM talking bout the old days a few days ago. Saying if they knew they were having a segment. Theyd pair up and yell at each other all day. Why does it take 45 mins before going on air to get a script? And seen some say theyve had it changed 10-15 mins before going on air.

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They’re really going to put Kofi in the title match.... blah

Lol. It'd be one thing giving him a title match at some random PPV, but at WM? But whatever, as long as it's not a singles match vs. DB then no big deal as I'm sure KO will be involved in the match.

Dont get knocking Kofi going for the title at Mania. Its by far the best title match going. Someone that spent years working up the right way instead of being the crush of the owner and forced on everyone. The one title match in YEARs where fans pushed this to happen. Couldnt even have a Ronda Becky match without Vince&co jamming their chosen one Charlotte in it.

21 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

They’re really going to put Kofi in the title match.... blah

I'm still not convinced it's a straight 1-on-1 match.  Won't be surprised at all if it's a Triple Threat or Fatal Fourway with Owens and Mustafa in there as well (which would kind of suck because it would effectively and inadvertently book Owens and Mustafa as heels in the match).

Kofi is very likely going bell to bell on SD next week (really similar to how they did with Rollins in the gauntlet match last year).  Honestly, I could see them giving Kofi his Mania moment and letting him get the win at Mania and then hot potato-ing the title right back to DB at Backlash.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dont get knocking Kofi going for the title at Mania. Its by far the best title match going. Someone that spent years working up the right way instead of being the crush of the owner and forced on everyone. The one title match in YEARs where fans pushed this to happen. Couldnt even have a Ronda Becky match without Vince&co jamming their chosen one Charlotte in it.

It's been Charlotte's match for almost a year now.  It was the fans that inserted Becky into it, and good on them for recognizing her for it.  They plan the Mania big programs a year out - Bruce has confirmed that's been the case since the 80's, with few exceptions where wrenches have been thrown into their gears along the way (Lesnar opting to bail for the UFC, the DB stuff obviously, Hogan refusing to put Flair over).

And the reality is, Charlotte is the more marketable star than Becky is.  I love Becky, but she's not the in-ring talent that Charlotte is, she's not the athlete, and - in spite of the last 6 months worth of work - she's not the promo with the charisma that Charlotte is.  Honestly, Ronda's the weak link in this feud, but that's because they've booked and handled her poorly - the fact that they even tried to make her a white meat babyface and had her smiling like an idiot is a testament to that.