All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

On 3/11/2019 at 10:46 PM, The LBC said:

Depends on how they want to book it.  I'm old school in that I believe he should go out on his shield putting a guy who is actually going to be around for the next 10 years over (which I believe Kurt is too since Sting was the same way and Kurt and Sting apparently had a really eye-to-eye bond in TNA).  If that's the case, you book him against anyone you want to enshrine in Main Event Heel status for the foreseeable future: McIntyre, Joe, ideally you want someone who already has some legitimacy (and is a shade on the bigger side) because you don't want him constantly dragging the "I retired Kurt Angle" bit through the mud for longer than a year.

If they want to put him with a good worker (figure that the match will get the babyface over even in a loss - which I'm not sure I trust to occur with Angle at this point because he need to legitimately be carried) and let him get "one last win," I dunno.  I feel like even with Kurt's reputation (not to mention he's already spoken for) AJ would be hurt by losing to Angle.  Is Angle/Gable really that big of a draw?  And can we really trust them to not bring back Jason Jordan to get "retiring Kurt" wasted on him?

Following up on this, we're going to get Angle/Cena.  Cena's doing the exact same trolling on Twitter of Angle that he did ahead of his feud with AJ.  And while I'll watch the match and appreciate it for what it is (Kurt's last match - which honestly should have been last year at Mania with Ronda and with Hunter able to carry him), I'm not looking forward to the trainwreck that match is likely to be given that Cena's been mailing it in on this past part-time stint (basically since the RtWM last year).  It's nice, storyline-wise because it brings the two full-circle, and because you really can't predict the outcome (I'm a firm believer in guys going out on their shield and putting someone over in their last match, but Cena doesn't need the win).

50 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I'm still not convinced it's a straight 1-on-1 match.  Won't be surprised at all if it's a Triple Threat or Fatal Fourway with Owens and Mustafa in there as well (which would kind of suck because it would effectively and inadvertently book Owens and Mustafa as heels in the match).

Kofi is very likely going bell to bell on SD next week (really similar to how they did with Rollins in the gauntlet match last year).  Honestly, I could see them giving Kofi his Mania moment and letting him get the win at Mania and then hot potato-ing the title right back to DB at Backlash.

Im wondering if it wouldnt have something like a double countout with Kofi-Owens at the end of the gauntlet and sending both to the Mania match. Maybe some cheesy, both guys shoulders pinned deal.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

It's been Charlotte's match for almost a year now.  It was the fans that inserted Becky into it, and good on them for recognizing her for it.  They plan the Mania big programs a year out - Bruce has confirmed that's been the case since the 80's, with few exceptions where wrenches have been thrown into their gears along the way (Lesnar opting to bail for the UFC, the DB stuff obviously, Hogan refusing to put Flair over).

And the reality is, Charlotte is the more marketable star than Becky is.  I love Becky, but she's not the in-ring talent that Charlotte is, she's not the athlete, and - in spite of the last 6 months worth of work - she's not the promo with the charisma that Charlotte is.  Honestly, Ronda's the weak link in this feud, but that's because they've booked and handled her poorly - the fact that they even tried to make her a white meat babyface and had her smiling like an idiot is a testament to that.

We all know things are planned well in advance. Didnt take a rocket surgeon to predict Seth winning the Rumble. Thats what Im referring to. No matter who deserves what. The heads will have their way, the way they want it. And who cares what fans or supporters of the product want.

The feud was building massive. Becoming white hot. Then here comes Charlotte and fire hosed the heat right off the match. It makes 0 sense to do to the feud. Only flippitydoo fans think its a positive. Its should be about the story they had going, and the feud between 2 people. Cause sometimes a fight just needs to be a fight. To which even though Steve Austin could wrestle like mad. Had a lot of feuds end with that philosophy.

That Ricochet Jinder match was horrid. And cant blame Jinder, it was just a terrible idea to pair the 2, running that kind of match.

Like with Steamboat. Steamboat could do anything, But was always a draw so paired with the big guys. He made sure what he was doing looked realistic and catered to the other guys strengths. Ricochet should be doing the same. It looked as ridiculous as a 1960s Batman fight with Jinder trying to make those moves work.

Kotn- Fav for a shoot is HTM or Nash.

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Angle-Corbin at mania.... Wtf are you doing WWE?

Did he look disappointed to anyone else when saying it? He just had this look of, "They told me to say this."

Could have been a great way to push a guy like EC3. But they have him on ME jobbing to Breeze and Crews while the most boring talkers in the world are pushed on Raw.

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

EC3 sucks. It's no shock he's already buried. 

In what way does he suck? Hes every bit of what Roman, Dean and some others are in the ring. But has actual mic skills that can make feuds interesting unlike them.

Look at Seth/Brock. It should be a major hype match. But its all been so boring and lackluster that the womens matchup, though ruined. Has twice the hype and storybuild.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

In what way does he suck? Hes every bit of what Roman, Dean and some others are in the ring. But has actual mic skills that can make feuds interesting unlike them.

Look at Seth/Brock. It should be a major hype match. But its all been so boring and lackluster that the womens matchup, though ruined. Has twice the hype and storybuild.

He's incredibly boring and nobody is invested in him like they are the Shield members. He does absolutely nothing for me. 

54 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's incredibly boring and nobody is invested in him like they are the Shield members. He does absolutely nothing for me. 

But thats just you. Shield members have been pushed and pushed. And ratings have gone down and down. Basically half of what there was viewer wise is invested in some Shield member. Cause 20% are gone. And nobody new is latching on. Viewer age skyrocketing is a testament to that.

Nobody is invested in him, because they wont give him the slightest chance. Look at it in a football way. Do the Cowboys appeal to everyone? Do we have all Cowboys forced on us all the time? No, we have 32 teams. With 32 sets of fans with different taste of what they like. EC3 could be feud gold. Back when he was mocking Cena while in NXT. They could have put on a social media battle, along with ring talk and easily been the top feud of the year to roll into Mania. Cause this mania so far is the most lackluster in build Ive ever seen outside what Becky and Ronda are doing.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

But thats just you. Shield members have been pushed and pushed. And ratings have gone down and down. Basically half of what there was viewer wise is invested in some Shield member. Cause 20% are gone. And nobody new is latching on. Viewer age skyrocketing is a testament to that.

Nobody is invested in him, because they wont give him the slightest chance. Look at it in a football way. Do the Cowboys appeal to everyone? Do we have all Cowboys forced on us all the time? No, we have 32 teams. With 32 sets of fans with different taste of what they like. EC3 could be feud gold. Back when he was mocking Cena while in NXT. They could have put on a social media battle, along with ring talk and easily been the top feud of the year to roll into Mania. Cause this mania so far is the most lackluster in build Ive ever seen outside what Becky and Ronda are doing.

Yeah, completely disagree. When he was going to be on the Alexa Bliss thing, he got no reaction. Nobody cares about EC3.