All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

It's not great.  But Holy Hyperbole, Batman!  Worst card ever?  Not by a long-shot.  WM X-Seven was, at best, a 3-4 match card, where even in the Angle/Benoit match (where they were actually given time) the entire undercard was rushing like their hair was on fire because each match was given like 5-6 minutes tops.  Taker/Hunter and TLC2 basically saved that card from being being in absolute booking hell (booking Austin to turn in his hometown was utterly dumb and pretty much blew up in their faces).

wm 17 was the greatest mania ever though and im not being biased.  that card was stacked and austin's heel turn was epic even though i was 10 at the time i cried when he turned heel in attendance.

I have almost no interest in any of the matches on this Wrestlemania card.

I want to see:

Batista vs. HHH
Bryan vs. Kofi

and that's it. I know I'll be surprised by some of the quality of the other matches, but damn this doesn't excite me.

They need to kill the brand split. Storylines are stale and boring. There are too many superstars right now and it's causing a massive reduction in the quality of these shows. If you condensed the amount of talent and the amount of matches, you could stack every single thing about the programming. You'd be starting shows with Balor & Lashley instead of having them be the 2nd biggest storyline on Raw. Bleh!

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I have almost no interest in any of the matches on this Wrestlemania card.

I want to see:

Batista vs. HHH
Bryan vs. Kofi

and that's it. I know I'll be surprised by some of the quality of the other matches, but damn this doesn't excite me.

They need to kill the brand split. Storylines are stale and boring. There are too many superstars right now and it's causing a massive reduction in the quality of these shows. If you condensed the amount of talent and the amount of matches, you could stack every single thing about the programming. You'd be starting shows with Balor & Lashley instead of having them be the 2nd biggest storyline on Raw. Bleh!

I agree except with wanting to see a Batista match. Bryan and Kofi is the only decently built feud they have going anymore.

Watched raw in 10 mins on fast forward the whole time. Nothing is grabbing in the slightest to stop for anymore. Its such a scattering mishmosh of poorly developing stories. Braun wasted on 2 SNL guys? Elias with no program but to be a musical act at Mania? The guys with the actual chops to fuel stories are basically sidelined. While guys with no personality showing whatsoever like Lashley-Finn are running programs. 15+ matches of this scheduled for Mania.

52 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

I actually thing with the amount of talent they have they need the brand split. 

The writers aren't good enough to create programs for 50+ wrestlers. They should focus on 20 or so stars IMO. Yeah that would suck to lay off guys, but at the same time it's a huge detriment to cram people onto television and onto cards like Wrestlemania that don't have natural feuds.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

So with Charlotte winning the Blue Strap this means that there is no way in hell Becks aint winning that main event and unifying the titles. I like it, but I hate how Asuka gets squashed to make this happen.

Good.  Asuka is boring

16 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

wm 17 was the greatest mania ever though and im not being biased.  that card was stacked and austin's heel turn was epic even though i was 10 at the time i cried when he turned heel in attendance.

The card was NOT stacked.  Sorry.  Just no.  It's a bottom 5 Wrestlemania in spite of having a Top 10 Mania match of all time on it.  That's saying something.  That said, I do need to revise my previous statement.  The worst Mania, cardwise and translation to actual show, was WM 4.  It's painful to watch.  So many screwjob finishes or wins - and they were doing a freaking tournament - by countout or DQ.  The crowd sounded like they couldn't give a crap.  And some of the matchest that delivered the least were the ones that were the most hyped: Hogan/Andre, Valentine/Steamboat, Jake/Rude.