All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

8 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Last nights show was so bland. Idk if it’s laziness or if the writers are inept, but there’s zero reason that something different and memorable happens on every show. Raw is three freaking hours for crying out loud. Instead we get the same cookie cutter matches and promos.

I think it would have changed the whole dynamic of the show. If the Faces went on a tear like they did. But finished with Sami winning in the end. It was just such a predictable ME, Romans getting some UC main even match at the ppv. Only leaving Balor as the logical winner because thats what WWE does. Any heel is basically Wile E Coyote at this point.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

44 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I think it would have changed the whole dynamic of the show. If the Faces went on a tear like they did. But finished with Sami winning in the end. It was just such a predictable ME, Romans getting some UC main even match at the ppv. Only leaving Balor as the logical winner because thats what WWE does. Any heel is basically Wile E Coyote at this point.

Pretty much only Jokers or ‘likable undersogs’ 

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

They have been booking Miz differently lately. He’s getting clean wins and not cheating. He’s got the potential to carry the buisness as a heel champ. He’s improved a lot since his mania main event days. 

Best in the biz!!!!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

That’s a good article. Stone Cold is one of the only objective critics of the WWE.

Ive said this for awhile, WWE cares more about casual fans and mainstream media over wrestling fans. They try so hard getting casual viewers to watch and they might for certain events, but they just don’t stick. And mainstream media just doesn’t accept wrestling as on par with other forms of media.

What they should be doing is making wrestling cool again by catering to their hardcore fans so they can tell their friends that it’s worth watching again. So many people have stopped watching WWE the past 15-20 years, there’s a lot of room for improvement. Wrestling was cool in the 90s, but since the mid 2000s it became a laughing stock to many. (To be clear I’m not saying have another attitude era )

• Like 1

Okada vs Tanahashi- a story of the former ace of a company, a man who might’ve saved an entire company challenging the man who he passed the torch to years ago. While Tanahashi’s will is still there, his body is just not the same as it was, and he just can’t do things he used to do which costs him at the end of the match. Okada, one of if not the greatest wrestler ever, fighting to prove something; because  no matter how great his career is, he will never be beloved by the Japanese crowd like Tanahashi.

Aj vs Shinsuke- two guys who try to get over each other by kicking each other in the balls. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, buddy_z34 said:

Spot on. That's one of the reasons why so many people boo Roman. WWE keeps trying to push him as this underdog character, even though he's constantly shoved down our throats and is clearly NOT the underdog. He's basically the anti-Daniel Bryan, even though they try to push him as an underdog on the level of Bryan. There's really nothing wrong with Roman, as he's improved a lot in the ring and can at least occasionally cut a halfway decent promo. But even people like myself, who do appreciate Roman's talents, are sick of him. I mean, the dude has been in the main event for four straight WMs. Roman is good, but he's not that good.

It just amazes me how consistently WWE misuses their talent. It seems like such common sense to turn Roman heel. Give him a nice heel run and I bet he could eventually naturally get over as a face in time. But the way he's booked now, he will never get truly over with the crowd because they're sick of being forced fed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Okada vs Tanahashi- a story of the former ace of a company, a man who might’ve saved an entire company challenging the man who he passed the torch to years ago. While Tanahashi’s will is still there, his body is just not the same as it was, and he just can’t do things he used to do which costs him at the end of the match. Okada, one of if not the greatest wrestler ever, fighting to prove something; because  no matter how great his career is, he will never be beloved by the Japanese crowd like Tanahashi.

Aj vs Shinsuke- two guys who try to get over each other by kicking each other in the balls. 

@BroncoSojia