All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

Good Raw after the one last week I thought was a disaster. Like the Drew-Braun tease. Very well done.

B-Team is a fun watch, like when Rhyno-Slater started out. ME surprised me, Thought Elias would win and they would slow cook KO on through next week in trying to make the MITB match.

Nakumura and AJ are wrestling tonight to chose the stipulation for MITB. Geez, we could be seeing three more of their matches... tonight, a Nak win at MITB and AJs rematch.

(btw, I think the champions rematch clause is stupid, and ruins some feuds)

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Nakumura and AJ are wrestling tonight to chose the stipulation for MITB. Geez, we could be seeing three more of their matches... tonight, a Nak win at MITB and AJs rematch.

Im excited for this match right on up until 9:45. And if it hasnt started by then. Youll see me whine and complain about not giving them proper time.

Just a in general heads up to all. lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pollino14 said:

We're going to get a Last Man Standing match... and that's like the last match I'd want to see from these two to be honest, but there's no way in hell they're going to give us an Ironman match... at least not at MITB.

Also, not that the B-Team isn't semi-entertaining, but if people are supporting this, I really don't want to hear the same people griping that AOP haven't been on TV in how man weeks(?) or Revival never get a legitimate feud/run at the tag titles, because as long as people keep getting hype for Vince trotting out the same jobbers-to-contenders trope over and over again, he'll keep doing it.  And Vince, because Vince doesn't really much care for tag team wrestling, will continue to only really press with one tag team storyline on RAW at a time.

And frankly, these guys (AOP, Revival, etc.) need time to actually get exposure and demonstrate being over with crowds, otherwise they're going to be cycled to Ascension/Breezango/Vaudevillains territory once more charismatic factions that already feature tag-teams like Cole/O'Reilly/Fish and so forth get elevated to the main roster.  Also, as long as Bo/Axel are winning, someone else is going to have to balance the equation by doing the regular jobs that they were.  You do the math, there's only so much jobbing that Titus World Slide can do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Well Carmella's reign is definitely over. She wasnt getting over as champ. 

God help Asuka if she doesn't win though.  She's already been effectively booked like just another woman since Charlotte broke her undefeated streak (i.e. generic promos), even losing dirty to Carmella here does more to hurt her than help her.  Thing is, WWE put Carmella over Charlotte clean so I wouldn't put it past them to let her retain against Asuka - unless Triple H is throwing weight around or has Road Dogg looking out for Asuka... because I'm willing to bet Vince doesn't get the appeal with her.

Also, I missed mentioning this from RAW last night, but I'm going to laugh (and cry, but both) when Nia screws up a major SummerSlam program and possibly even a Survivor Series program by injuring Ronda because Nia's too freaking reckless and sloppy.

23 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Dear WWE, despite what you think, Roman Reigns will never gain the sympathy of the WWE fans, he’s nothing like Daniel Bryan and will not ever be beloved in that way. Please try someway else to get him over. 

Can anyone else think of a time in WWE history where someone was hated like this, forced down throats, and then the crowd loved them
?

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Can anyone else think of a time in WWE history where someone was hated like this, forced down throats, and then the crowd loved them
?

I remember when we had gettogethers for shows back home. And everyone hated the Rock, fans chanting Die Rocky Die. We had this 1 guy in the group that was a instant Rock fan, talking about he would be some massive star one day. We all laughed. But, he was the one that was right.

Though Rock wasnt hand picked forced like Roman. But still, overcoming "Die Rocky Die" chants to becoming the Peoples Champion and biggest drawing name in the world still today is an impressive flip.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I remember when we had gettogethers for shows back home. And everyone hated the Rock, fans chanting Die Rocky Die. We had this 1 guy in the group that was a instant Rock fan, talking about he would be some massive star one day. We all laughed. But, he was the one that was right.

Though Rock wasnt hand picked forced like Roman. But still, overcoming "Die Rocky Die" chants to becoming the Peoples Champion and biggest drawing name in the world still today is an impressive flip.

The Rock was whom I thought of as well. I think the difference is that when people didn't like his first gimmick they turned him heel pretty quickly, versus Roman whom they keep face and keep face doing the same thing over and over and over again.

• Like 1

can we stop the "Roman is being forced down out throats" narrative?

They guy has talent, but has consistently been booked to lose big matches, chase the title without winning, or when he does, he loses it within a month. I think during this 4 year stretch of him "being forced down our throats" hes been the main champ for 3 or 4 months?

I mean the guy gets screen time every week, but so do a number of other guys and they dont draw the heat.

what is being forced down our throats is Brock lesnar and his 400 day, 6 title defense reign. Its enough already.