All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

2 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Considering who she was up against? Why, yes, it was the only logical outcome. Do a side-by-side comparison of the two and tell me Bliss stands a chance against Ronda friggin' Rousey. Like @Troy Brownsaid, the real mistake was hotshotting the match. Even then, they still could've had Bliss get more offense in by throwing cheap shots (i.e: thumb to the eyes) and whatnot.

I swear people pick and chose what they wanna read/hear.

My problem is Bliss got zero offense in. She’s been champ for a long time the past 2-3 years and looked like a fool last night. 

Thibk you need to watch wrestling outside the WWE. 

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Yes it was. 

I hope they keep the shield together with the belts 

Been a while since we've had a decent stable. Can't remember the last time a face stable ran things... I mean The New Day only ever had the Tag Titles. Makes me wish there was another undercard title for Ambrose to hold.

7 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I swear people pick and chose what they wanna read/hear.

My problem is Bliss got zero offense in. She’s been champ for a long time the past 2-3 years and looked like a fool last night. 

Thibk you need to watch wrestling outside the WWE. 

This isn't a case of people picking and choosing what they want to hear, this is a case of most other people not having an issue with the storytelling of the match and you being on your lonesome thinking that a champion, who (every time she's been presented as a champion, particularly her two most recent runs on this particular brand), has been presented as the "take the low road, talks tough until she has to back it up then looks for help from her heater to distract her opponent so she can blindside them" heel, didn't get offense in when she spent the first part of the match refusing to engage (multiple powders and, by my count, two ducks of the torso outside the ropes) and then she finally got caught... against the most legitimate (background wise) female competitor they've had in the history of the company (since they never booked any of the Japanese women from the 90's who also doubled as shoot fighters).  Honestly, this was how I felt they should have booked Alexa against Nia - they let her get too much offense in in that match, though at least in that one because Nia is big (and by wrestling logic, thereby "slow") you can credit "speed advantage" with Alexa being able to get some offense in.  She doesn't have a speed advantage against Ronda.  She doesn't have a power advantage against Ronda.  She doesn't have a technical training advantage against Ronda.  Recall Lesnar versus Cena from Summer Slam 2016, Cena got similarly no offense in and Lesnar utterly obliterated him with 16 German Suplexes and 2 F-5's... and this was John "Face of the Company" Cena.

I've watched all kind of wrestling going all the way back to the territory days.  And this is how 99% of the territory bookers would have booked Ronda in this match... hell they'd have booked her this way from the beginning.  Alexa will recover (her character can easily do so and Vince isn't really that wrong that a lot of people forget a lot of stuff after 6 months), but Ronda is way, way, WAY more marketable as the dominant juggernaut than as someone who can get put down by 5-foot-nothing Alexa Bliss.

2 hours ago, The LBC said:

This isn't a case of people picking and choosing what they want to hear, this is a case of most other people not having an issue with the storytelling of the match and you being on your lonesome thinking that a champion, who (every time she's been presented as a champion, particularly her two most recent runs on this particular brand), has been presented as the "take the low road, talks tough until she has to back it up then looks for help from her heater to distract her opponent so she can blindside them" heel, didn't get offense in when she spent the first part of the match refusing to engage (multiple powders and, by my count, two ducks of the torso outside the ropes) and then she finally got caught... against the most legitimate (background wise) female competitor they've had in the history of the company (since they never booked any of the Japanese women from the 90's who also doubled as shoot fighters).  Honestly, this was how I felt they should have booked Alexa against Nia - they let her get too much offense in in that match, though at least in that one because Nia is big (and by wrestling logic, thereby "slow") you can credit "speed advantage" with Alexa being able to get some offense in.  She doesn't have a speed advantage against Ronda.  She doesn't have a power advantage against Ronda.  She doesn't have a technical training advantage against Ronda.  Recall Lesnar versus Cena from Summer Slam 2016, Cena got similarly no offense in and Lesnar utterly obliterated him with 16 German Suplexes and 2 F-5's... and this was John "Face of the Company" Cena.

I've watched all kind of wrestling going all the way back to the territory days.  And this is how 99% of the territory bookers would have booked Ronda in this match... hell they'd have booked her this way from the beginning.  Alexa will recover (her character can easily do so and Vince isn't really that wrong that a lot of people forget a lot of stuff after 6 months), but Ronda is way, way, WAY more marketable as the dominant juggernaut than as someone who can get put down by 5-foot-nothing Alexa Bliss.

I shouldn’t have to say any of this to you. This is professional wrestling. It’s scripted. It doesn’t matter who has the size, speed and power advantage . There’s plenty of ways to create offense.

And the second part is unequivocally false. Watch any promotion going right now, and they almost never have squash matches with their top talent. Impact, Lucha, ROH, NJPW do not have this because they’ve adapted to what people want to see, and aren’t stuck to the way things were booked in the past. 

You made your multi time champion look like she didn’t belong in the same ring as Ronda, what does that say about the rest of the division.

I think it may have been better if rousey just knocked her out.  Bliss obviously due to size shouldn't have gotten much offense in.  But even a couple kicks to the knees then back off , a standing dropkick.  Stuff Ronda could have shaken off easily and then just unloaded on her ground and pound style, then arm bar probably could have made it better imo.  Bliss is so good character and speaking wise she'll recover but she probably lost a little credibility there with literally nothing.  As amazing a background as rousey has, it certainly should have been easy but she's not this big physical dominant force 

Am I the only one who feels pretty "meh" on the Shield reunion? It was a solid ending, and them being together will make it harder for Braun to cash in. I'm just waiting for Ambrose to eventually turn on Rollins (and maybe Reigns).

12 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Been a while since we've had a decent stable. Can't remember the last time a face stable ran things... I mean The New Day only ever had the Tag Titles. Makes me wish there was another undercard title for Ambrose to hold.

Makes sense with Corbin as the new GM for the time being. I don't care for him but hes good as generating heat and the shield will try to run roughshod over RAW.

58 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Am I the only one who feels pretty "meh" on the Shield reunion? It was a solid ending, and them being together will make it harder for Braun to cash in. I'm just waiting for Ambrose to eventually turn on Rollins (and maybe Reigns).

Meh? Looked to me like total desperation.  I know Ive witnessed a half dozen reunion and reunion teases the past 3 years. They were just trying to pull one before Dean was hurt.

They get together, one turns. Get together, one turns. Rinse, wash, repeat. Over and over.

Archived