All Things Wrestling Thread

steelcurtain29

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

I don’t think that is a accurate statement. I’m very consistent on my views. I have been highly critical of it as of late, but when something that I really like happens ( ME Sun) I comment on it. 

The WWE is certainly good with money, but I do think they leave a lot on the board still. With this talent pool, ratings and house attendance should be much higher than what it is. This is by far the most talent from top to bottom they’ve ever had. You can make a pretty decent promotion from the guys who weren’t on the show Sun!

I agree with this. I'd say the product has just been okay lately. Some good shows, some bad ones. But there's really no excuse to ever have a bad show with the talent they have.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

I have no problem understanding her.

I'm interested in how they'll go about pushing Becky as a heel. Like someone else said, she's just naturally likable. Charlotte is okay as a face, but was way better as a heel.

I think they pushed the wrong angle once they had her start on the fans. Just have her be a heel in a feud with Charlotte. Everyone was eating up the stuff about Charlotte stealing her moment. Then it got weird when she started talking about no one supporting her.

Fantastic SD.  Kofi and Jeff Hardy sell better than anyone in WWE.

I try not to look at the clock. But when the bell rung and I saw the final match was a No DQ given 16 mins, which is long for a DQ match. I was excited, and it didnt disappoint.

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

The Shield are joining together to stop Braun from cashing?! Seems pretty lame to me. Are they trying to get cheers at the exapense of Braun? Doesn’t make sense long term.

I think this will actually make people hate The Shield and make Braun a mega face.  

7 hours ago, Totty said:

I think this will actually make people hate The Shield and make Braun a mega face.  

I can see that happening. I’m not into the whole face/ heel match making style but they are so I’ll ask if The Shield are heels, who are the faces in RAW

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

I can see that happening. I’m not into the whole face/ heel match making style but they are so I’ll ask if The Shield are heels, who are the faces in RAW

Lashley, Finn, Braun, Elias, couple others, could make a better "Face" collection to bank on than what weve seen the past few years so long as the heels are strong.

One thing Ive always believed. You need the best badguys you can muster, to make the good ones pop. Like they needed Piper to be the fuel to make the Hulkamania engine start and get rolling.  Then battles with Andre, Bundy and such to solidify it. WCW had the NWO to make it take off, NWA had Flair and the Horseman. And Flair with those Horsemen built a MANY name for the company to bank on, Sting, Luger, Muta, Valiant, and all. Youre only as good as your badguys allow. Finding Faces isnt WWEs problem, its been their heels the past dozen years thats the problem. Soon as the slightest build gets going, theyd feed them to Cena, HHH or the likes and squash them to nothing before a decent build is ever completed.

I think the Shield are going to be a DX like stable. They act like Heels, but are loved like faces. If they do this the right way, they can run the Shield all the way up to the Royal Rumble, or possibly even have a break up leading to a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. 

When was the last time Mania was main evented by someone who wasnt a part timer? Was it the Miz vs John Cena? There was the triple threat match, but wasn't Batista part time by then?

36 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I think the Shield are going to be a DX like stable. They act like Heels, but are loved like faces. If they do this the right way, they can run the Shield all the way up to the Royal Rumble, or possibly even have a break up leading to a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. 

When was the last time Mania was main evented by someone who wasnt a part timer? Was it the Miz vs John Cena? There was the triple threat match, but wasn't Batista part time by then?

I think at this point. They just need to make Shield like the 4 Horsemen and not break them apart for a couple/few years.  If they broke them up anytime before mania, wed just be seeing them reunite again later in the year. Leave them together, and build guys. Like the Horsemen did, but leave them in a neutral zone of Heel/Face like DX and NWO doing it.

56 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Lashley, Finn, Braun, Elias, couple others, could make a better "Face" collection to bank on than what weve seen the past few years so long as the heels are strong.

One thing Ive always believed. You need the best badguys you can muster, to make the good ones pop. Like they needed Piper to be the fuel to make the Hulkamania engine start and get rolling.  Then battles with Andre, Bundy and such to solidify it. WCW had the NWO to make it take off, NWA had Flair and the Horseman. And Flair with those Horsemen built a MANY name for the company to bank on, Sting, Luger, Muta, Valiant, and all. Youre only as good as your badguys allow. Finding Faces isnt WWEs problem, its been their heels the past dozen years thats the problem. Soon as the slightest build gets going, theyd feed them to Cena, HHH or the likes and squash them to nothing before a decent build is ever completed.

I actually think about it the opposite. I think great faces can make average heels look great. 

But I also think today is much different from back in the day. In the Internet/reality era, it’s so hard getting legit heat on guys. Very very few can do it. I also think we’re craving an edge from wrestlers that we’re going to cheer for the ones who give it to us ( heels in the wwe) I think WWE should go away from traditional face vs heel for every feud and just letting the fans choose who they want to cheer for. I don’t think we like to be told who to cheer for and would much rather be able to chose who we want to win. It opens things up creatively and it makes matches seem more important with two opposing forces in the crowd.

Archived