2018 Draft Day Predictions

Swampbilly

Here are my draft day predictions for tomorrow’s first round.  I’m hoping to see some other posters predictions.

1.  QB’s go picks 1, 2, and 3......In order, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield.

2.  4 QB’s are drafted in the top 10.

3.  Dolphins FO sit tight at number 11 and let the player fall to them.

4.  6 QB’s are drafted in the first round.

5.  Buffalo trades into the top 10 picks after the QB run at picks 1, 2, and 3, and draft QB Josh Allen.

This is how I see it playing out tomorrow night.  I would love to see some other predictions and we can see who guessed what correctly tomorrow night.  Just for fun, why not throw it out there?

1) 6 QBs are taken in the 1st round, Darnold (Browns) > Mayfield (Jets) > Allen (Broncos) > Rosen (Cardinals trade up) > Jackson > Rudolph

2) Miami drafts one of the top 2 linebackers or safeties at #11

3) Dolphins fans get very upset online

4) More guards are drafted in the first round than tackles for the first time since????

5) I crap my pants every time a trade comes in thinking the Pats traded up for Rosen

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

1) 6 QBs are taken in the 1st round, Darnold (Browns) > Mayfield (Jets) > Allen (Broncos) > Rosen (Cardinals trade up) > Jackson > Rudolph

4) More guards are drafted in the first round than tackles for the first time since????

5) I crap my pants every time a trade comes in thinking the Pats traded up for Rosen

HAHA... Pats aren't trading up.  They lost waaaaay to much in the off season and have too many holes to fill.  CB, OT, WR and LB.  They have proven they can take a 2nd day guy and make him a HOF.  

BTW... Bleacher Report just put up a story that Browns have narrowed #1 overall to Allen or Mayfield.  Mayfield makes a ton of sense for the Browns from a leadership perspective.  Losing Joe Thomas in that locker room you will need a new face of leadership and that is where Baker excels.  He's a pretty damn good player as well.  

My worry for the Dolphins is they "settle" at #11.  Hoping one of the two LB's are there.  If not, Maybe they can swing a trade and move back to late teens/early 20's and still get Evans/Vanderesch and pick up another Day 2 pick in the process.

1.  The top 3 goes Darnold/Barkley/Mayfield

2.  There are at least 2 trades in the top 10 (in addition to the previous Jets/Indy trade)

3.  More Cs will be drafted in the 1st round than WRs.  

4.  The best QB in the class, Josh Rosen, is picked by a non-AFC East team, much to my delight.  

5.  Fins will draft one of Fitzpatrick/Ward/James, as both Smith and Edmunds will go top 10.

6.  Positional breakdown in top 10 will be 4 QBs, 1 RB, 1 OG, 1 DE, 2 LBs, and 1 DB.

1. Cleveland picks Saquon #1 and take their pick of the 2 other QBs available at 4.

2. 6 QBs picked in the 1st round. Rudolph gets picked ahead of Jackson.

3. First WR goes at #19. Only two of them picked in 1st round.

4. Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Rashaan Evans and Leighton Vander Esche all go before pick 15.

New Prediction.........

Breaking news!!!  QB Josh Allen has just been outed for having tweeted racially offensive comments while he was in high school.......on the eve of the draft.

Prediction

QB Josh Allen will be available at pick 11 and Dolphins trade down or draft him at 11.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/josh-allen-apologizes-after-racist-tweets-resurface/ar-AAwmurA?OCID=ansmsnnews11

On 4/25/2018 at 10:49 AM, Swampbilly said:

Here are my draft day predictions for tomorrow’s first round.  I’m hoping to see some other posters predictions.

1.  QB’s go picks 1, 2, and 3......In order, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield.

2.  4 QB’s are drafted in the top 10.

3.  Dolphins FO sit tight at number 11 and let the player fall to them.

4.  6 QB’s are drafted in the first round.

5.  Buffalo trades into the top 10 picks after the QB run at picks 1, 2, and 3, and draft QB Josh Allen.

This is how I see it playing out tomorrow night.  I would love to see some other predictions and we can see who guessed what correctly tomorrow night.  Just for fun, why not throw it out there?

1. Wrong

2. Correctamundo

3. Bingo

4. No go

5. Slam dunk

3 out of 5 ain’t bad!!!!

On 4/25/2018 at 11:01 AM, cddolphin said:

1) Only 5 QBs taken, and I got all the landing spots wrong except calling the Cards trading up for Rosen

2) nailed it, was a broad prediction though

3) nailed it

4) 3 tackles, 2 centers, only 1 guard

On 4/25/2018 at 10:40 AM, hrubes20 said:

1.  The top 3 goes Darnold/Barkley/Mayfield

2.  There are at least 2 trades in the top 10 (in addition to the previous Jets/Indy trade)

3.  More Cs will be drafted in the 1st round than WRs.  

4.  The best QB in the class, Josh Rosen, is picked by a non-AFC East team, much to my delight.  

5.  Fins will draft one of Fitzpatrick/Ward/James, as both Smith and Edmunds will go top 10.

6.  Positional breakdown in top 10 will be 4 QBs, 1 RB, 1 OG, 1 DE, 2 LBs, and 1 DB.

1.  Correct players, but switch Mayfield/Darnold.

2.  Correct

3.  Incorrect.  There were 2 of both.

4.  Correct

5.  Correct with the pick, but incorrect that Edmunds was off the board.

6.  Incorrect, but only off by 1 guy.  McGlinchey was swapped in for Edmunds.

Archived