I just want to assure you

brownie man

2 hours ago, Fofsadness said:

If it is Mayfield, why in the world wouldn’t you just use the fourth pick on him?  He’ll still be there at 4.  Many dont want to use number one on Barkley, but if you can get your QB at 4 why not get the guy that won’t last till 4?

Because if you have the #1 pick, have needed a franchise QB for the last 15+ years, and have done all of the scouting, due diligence, and agreed on a consensus #1 QB in this QB rich class, you don't chance missing out on your guy by getting cute. It's tempting, but anything can happen.

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Hopefully. I haven’t been this excited since Goff/Wentz. And we screwed that up :/

But it’ll be Darnold, I mean football guys have to see that, right?

or maybe the football guys in here just dont know as much football as the football guys?

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

or maybe the football guys in here just dont know as much football as the football guys?

The football guys in here including myself have traditionally known more than their football guys. If they would have drafted the qbs I loved since ‘99 we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

The football guys in here including myself have traditionally known more than their football guys. If they would have drafted the qbs I loved since ‘99 we wouldn’t be in this mess. 

apply for a job then, why you keepin us from being so bad?

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Would love to. I already work a lot of hours, except yesterday and today ?

honestly bro, you dont know football as much as these guys.  its super arrogant to think that we do when we're armchair quarterbacks and its literally their profession.  i know wikipedia and google and youtube seems like it makes us experts but it doesnt.

32 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I think @brownie man might have jinxed us. 

Adam Schefter last year 

“I continue to hear, I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is sure in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick. I know everyone says Myles Garrett’s gonna be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that turns out to be the case tomorrow night, but I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Mitchell Trubisky’s gonna be the No. 1 pick. We’ll see.”

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

honestly bro, you dont know football as much as these guys.  its super arrogant to think that we do when we're armchair quarterbacks and its literally their profession.  i know wikipedia and google and youtube seems like it makes us experts but it doesnt.

I never said I know more than the current guys. This is the most accomplished front office we have had since the old Browns. I have a ton of hope these guys will finally right the ship. 

I would however take my drafts over the past regimes. ESPECIALLY with qbs. And I don’t Wikipedia, I actually watch full games of prospects. It’s the only way to get how they actually play. I do YouTube. And every now and then google. But only to get a brief synopsis of a player to see if I need to watch him. 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Adam Schefter last year 

“I continue to hear, I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is sure in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick. I know everyone says Myles Garrett’s gonna be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that turns out to be the case tomorrow night, but I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Mitchell Trubisky’s gonna be the No. 1 pick. We’ll see.”

Haha thanks man!  I actually needed this! ?

Archived