Ronald Acuna Appreciation Thread(Petition to change MLB to MLA Pending)

devils1854

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im not unlight. i never said acuna woulf be a superstar, nor do i expect it this year.

i just disagree with your reasoning. dont want to sound like a broken record but its lazy to me. no one wakes up on their 21st bday and feels totally different than they did at 20. weve seen 20 years have success, heck trout was one of them. you could say guys strugglr meat their first taste of the big leagues at 20, but even then making blanket statements isnt the best.

Are you so dug into the defensiveness over Acuna that you can't grasp this?  Nobody is saying that someone wakes up different as a 21 year old.  Miguel Cabrera didn't magically go from a 50 hit tool to a 70 overnight that allowed him to hit MLB pitching.  But you know what a 21 year old has that 19 or 20 year old doesn't?  A lot more reps.  They've seen thousands more pitches.  They've played hundreds more innings.  These things are invaluable to a young, developing player.  Do you honestly find it difficult to believe a prospect that doesn't have those reps under his belt would perform considerably worse than a prospect that does?  Or that it's "lazy" to assume that there will be growing pains as a prospect without those reps has to adjust to the best pitchers on the planet, considering the majority of the best prospects in the game faced those growing pains?  It's called probability. 

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We shall see if Acuna ever has an 8 WAR season lol.

Was kidding

Let me have this. The Braves have been crap for about 4 years and we actually have something to be excited about.

44 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

anyone else you were wrong about you want to isolate to this thread? im sure torres will be catching fire any day now.;)

Ignoring the terrible trolling for a second, but what have I said about Torres? Just that he’s not a superstar? I think most non-Yankee fans share that belief on here.

Archived