Ronald Acuna Appreciation Thread(Petition to change MLB to MLA Pending)

devils1854

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Aren't you supposed to hate all your players?

Just Harper and Gio. Harper because of how overrated and self centered his is, and Gio because he collapses in the big moments and is basically the best example of what advanced metrics dont evaluate a player.

9 hours ago, Slateman said:

Acuna isnt good enough to lick Soto's cleats

Thats funny. Cling to OBP, because thats the only thing Soto is better than Acuna at, and now that Acuna is healthy, he is showing it.

Plus, Acuna might actually win a playoff series during his lifetime. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:35 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

.270/.330/.440

Think the quality of contact improves over the year as he gets used to the pitching, but we won't see huge power right away.

BA and OBP aren't that far off especially considering the .350 BABIP. Power has increased, just didn't expect it to be such a dramatic upswing.

Not quite damn it feels good to be a gangsta, but not the worst prediction I've ever made (sup Tyler Chatwood).

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

BA and OBP aren't that far off especially considering the .350 BABIP. Power has increased, just didn't expect it to be such a dramatic upswing.

Not quite damn it feels good to be a gangsta, but not the worst prediction I've ever made (sup Tyler Chatwood).

I would be willing to bet that the .346 BABIP is probably going to be sustainable from him, or at least it wont be far off. 

He also has another 40ish games to make the numbers look even better.

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

I would be willing to bet that the .346 BABIP is probably going to be sustainable from him, or at least it wont be far off. 

He also has another 40ish games to make the numbers look even better.

I mean tbh if we're taking the over/under on Acuna's rest of season slugging percentage at .570, I'm taking the under. 

It won't. But it's great watching a player enter a different stratosphere for a little while.  Well, as long as that player isn't facing my favorite team.  I got to witness firsthand Daniel Murphy in 2015 and Matt Carpenter this year.  Those were not great.

52 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

It won't. But it's great watching a player enter a different stratosphere for a little while.  Well, as long as that player isn't facing my favorite team.  I got to witness firsthand Daniel Murphy in 2015 and Matt Carpenter this year.  Those were not great.

Ha it was a joke. 

I mean honestly what's the rough over/under on his rest of season wRC+? 130? 120?

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I mean tbh if we're taking the over/under on Acuna's rest of season slugging percentage at .570, I'm taking the under. 

thats stating the obvious tbh. but im also taking the over on his current obp, and possibly even average.

im bettinf he finishes with a ops north of .900 which surpases pretty much all exlectations.

Archived