Draft Day Thread: 1st Round Discussion

Dome

If we do end up drafting a QB, I hope it's Lamar. I wouldn't mind as much. His athletic ability is undeniable, and adding him with our running game would be hard to stop. We don't rely on deep passing as much as we used to, so I'm not concerned with his accuracy. We would stay run-heavy and hope he can continue making highlight reel plays whenever he does have to drop back. This team would be a great fit for him.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:
2 hours ago, SSK said:

If all the "expert" chatter is correct, Mayfield may be Cleveland's #1 pick. lol 

Lol what a calamity that would be for the people of Cleveland. 

Looks like it’s official :o

26 minutes ago, NS922 said:

If we do end up drafting a QB, I hope it's Lamar. I wouldn't mind as much. His athletic ability is undeniable, and adding him with our running game would be hard to stop. We don't rely on deep passing as much as we used to, so I'm not concerned with his accuracy. We would stay run-heavy and hope he can continue making highlight reel plays whenever he does have to drop back. This team would be a great fit for him.

Sean would build his offense around Lamar's talent. However, the basic principles of Payton's offense is down field precision and swing routes/screen passes. If you just take those throws from Jacksons college tape his accuracy skyrockets. Also, Jackson has top arm strength and his athletic ability is off the charts. 

Yes he would need to develop his mid-field game but Sean Payton is the guy to get him there. Remember, thr kid is only 20 years old. He can sit behind Brees for 2 years and still end up being a 22 year old starter in 2020!

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

Imagine what we could do with a Mike Vick-esque type player. Imagine Payton's playbook. With these RBs and growing WR threats. It could be nasty.

What are the chances the Eagles wanna deal? Either by trading up, or we trade back into the 2nd, and up to 32 if theres someone we like a lot. That 5th year option that comes with #32 is really nice to have.

2 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Can I ask why you have Mayfield last?

Just based on what I've read I'd have him just shy of Allen. He's a bit of a project, his floor is  probably the lowest IMO, maybe Allen's is. He's also a knucklehead. 

I mean 2-3 months ago people were wondering if we'd be able to snag him at 27. QBs stock always tend to rise this time of year, the week before the draft. Mayfield has capitalized on that the most, but I would be more comfortable with any of the other 4 for us. 

Archived