Draft Day Thread: 1st Round Discussion

Dome

7 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

This front office has built up a lot of currency with me... like I said before, I have Davenport as the 10th best prospect at the 2nd most important position of value in the NFL. Elite edge rushers don't grow on trees, just like with a quarterback if the player hits its well worth the trade, if he dosen't then people will answer for it.

This guy will have to be one of the best pass rushers in the league to justify this move. This will be hard to accept even if he's just "good".

1 minute ago, JMG5 said:

We gave up so much.

If it wasn't for last year's draft I would be more disappointed right now. 

I knew we couldn't have two drafts like that in a row. I was prepared for things to balance back out.

9 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Most of us have been clammoring for an edge rusher for YEARS

We finally got one! The dreams of a Vick-type Lamar may have never came to fruition and we have an ELITE DE in Cam that can help Davenport along.

The Lamar daydream i was having clouded my judgment but when i think about having a great pass rush and an amazing secondary....that sounds like a dream too!! The Saints have done so well these last couple years that i will trust in their decision. 

Who Dat !!!

I definitely didn't expect the pick, but with us trying to get someone like Suh, I guess we needed help on the line.

While I would have liked a CB, I guess the FO felt we were good with the core. As for QB, as much as it would have been nice, getting a solid QB in the 1st round feels like a flip of the coin.

12 minutes ago, NS922 said:

This guy will have to be one of the best pass rushers in the league to justify this move. This will be hard to accept even if he's just "good".

I knew we couldn't have two drafts like that in a row. I was prepared for things to balance back out.

If he's above average and helps us win games I'm fine with the move.  It won't be seen as a great move to anyone, but I won't be disappointed.

I'm not disappointed in the player. I'm disappointed with how much we gave up to move up. We could have given up much less than we did to get that pick. That or we just wait longer and see what happens. Instead we got impatient and overpaid to get a player who may be a bust and is considered by many to be a project. Hopefully he becomes an All-Pro and we all look back at the price we paid like a bargain, but right now it doesn't seem that way. If we gave up a 2nd and another pick instead I would have been more accepting of the trade, but giving up 1st round picks for any player that's not a QB doesn't seem worth it to me.

I missed it! What happened? I was out learning how to buy Bitcoin!

I'll always clamor for defense, y'all know that. 2 firsts and a 5th? Uh, that's a chunk!

I am NOT a fan of Mayfield, so I'm glad he went #1 to Cleveland. That's like throwing an extra 6 seat life boat on the Titanic... doesn't make a difference.

This Davenport kid. I'm banking on him being my next jersey buy. And I hate buying jerseys!

35 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

With what? Next years 2nd? Yikes 

All of the picks! No picks next year! ;)

I was actually thinking we trade our 3rd and a 5th for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder.

22 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

All of the picks! No picks next year! ;)

I was actually thinking we trade our 3rd and a 5th for a late 2nd or early 3rd rounder.

I think we should stay put. Lot's of midround talent in this draft. I want more bodies in camp. 

Archived