Draft Day Thread: 1st Round Discussion

Dome

5 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I think Barrett has the potential to develop and carve out a career similar to that of Tyrod Taylor.

The things i ask myself is how much better would Taylor be had he groomed under Payton and Brees for the 1st 2-3 years of his career?

See where im going here...

I completely understand, from a pure talent standpoint I would prefer JT as he's the more accurate thrower of the two, but as I've said before JT has played the last couple seasons too scared at Ohio State and unless he can become willing to take some calculated risks that rely on him trusting his WRs to make a play, then I'd take RG3 over Barrett.  Like there is a reason that all of Ohio State's WRs returned for another year, even the ones that were likely to get drafted, because when Dwayne Haskins got playing time he took some risks, he made the throws, and he let them show what they can do.

Now if Payton can develop Barrett, then I think we got someone that can be at least Alex Smith in the NFL.

12 hours ago, Raves said:

I completely understand, from a pure talent standpoint I would prefer JT as he's the more accurate thrower of the two, but as I've said before JT has played the last couple seasons too scared at Ohio State and unless he can become willing to take some calculated risks that rely on him trusting his WRs to make a play, then I'd take RG3 over Barrett.  Like there is a reason that all of Ohio State's WRs returned for another year, even the ones that were likely to get drafted, because when Dwayne Haskins got playing time he took some risks, he made the throws, and he let them show what they can do.

Now if Payton can develop Barrett, then I think we got someone that can be at least Alex Smith in the NFL.

Alex Smith type to succeed Brees as a UDRFA... Ill take it!!!

I think far to many people have this line of thinking that the successor to Brees will be this highly drafted top end prospect. Odds are that a developmemtal guy like Barrett or Hill would most likley be the one.

Archived