Allbright on Cleveland Browns Daily

MistaBohmbastic

The man, the myth, the legend. On Cleveland Browns Daily as we speak. Thought I'd pass along the cliffnotes...

Recap:

• Latest at #1 - Been told by three different people it's Sam Darnold - All completely unrelated sources, would be surprised if they were all wrong.  
    • Hence, "deleted tweet heard round the world"
  • Leaks were partly Dorsey looking for guilty parties
  • We give too much credit to teams for certain smokescreens, media sometimes creates storylines
  • Great job of keeping things under wraps
  • Guess on Browns QB Big Board:
    • Sam Darnold
    • Baker Mayfield
    • Josh Allen
    • Josh Rosen (Would be completely shocked)
  • Guesses on #4 - "most likely scenario:" Chubb at four, assuming Barkley goes 2nd
  • Broncos pick:
    • Split on Josh Allen
    • All in on Baker
    • Rosen completely off DEN board - off field concerns
  • Giants pick:
    • Darnold would definitely go #2 if Mayfield goes one
    • Looking into Josh Rosen, not off their board
    • Barkley has most buzz - referenced Gettleman taking McCaffrey
    • Chubb very much in conversation
  • On Bills' trade chances:
    • AZ also interested, don't have trade arsenal, would have to include player. Like Josh Allen
    • Buf is okay with Allen or Rosen
    • DEN is potential trade partner
  • Jets Pick:
    • Darnold is their top guy, Mayfield is second
  • Misc:
    • Vander Esch could go higher than people think
    • McGlinchey could go 10, don't be surprised
    • Roquan Smith at 6 is probably a lock if they don't trade down
    • Ridley could be only WR to go in round 1
    • Denzel Ward:
      • "Start of his range would be 5, and he could fall as far as maybe 12 or 13"
    • CHI would like to get Quentin Nelson
    • Derwin James & Minkah Fitzpatrick - should go b/n 7 and 15
    • On CB Class: Ward, Jackson, Alexander (AZ, Jax likes him) should all go in first round
      • GB does not draft CB's shorter than 5'11"

In his ten years of covering Draft, he's never experienced one that has been more "smokey at the top"

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Thought this thread was about CBD oil.

That's good to hear. I'm really ok with any of the QB's, but I think Darnold offers the best combination of upside and safety.

Haha, typed it up real quick, I changed that. LMAO I'm not tryna post topics that'll get locked, although he is a Denver guy. I might be curious for his take...

But yeah, I agree. Darnold's still got some much room for growth, and already demonstrates all the skills of an elite QB. 

3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Haha, typed it up real quick, I changed that. LMAO I'm not tryna post topics that'll get locked, although he is a Denver guy. I might be curious for his take...

But yeah, I agree. Darnold's still got some much room for growth, and already demonstrates all the skills of an elite QB. 

I wonder what forum policy on marijuana usage/discussion is now, considering it's legal in so many places. We're allowed to talk about drinking alcohol. Not that I need to discuss it in a football forum, but I am curious... @Webmaster what's the deal with this one?

34 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I wonder what forum policy on marijuana usage/discussion is now, considering it's legal in so many places. We're allowed to talk about drinking alcohol. Not that I need to discuss it in a football forum, but I am curious... @Webmaster what's the deal with this one?

CBD oil is legal everywhere. It's sold in grocery stores in California. When there are no psychoactive compounds, it has its own classification.

https://medium.com/cbd-origin/is-cbd-legal-legal-status-of-cbd-2018-d1b4a0ed42df

"

Go to the profile of Aaron Cadena
Jan 22

Is CBD Legal? The Legal Status of CBD in 2018

1*cShS7_3ilvJbyk82ubxdYA.png

Due to its ability to naturally treat dozens of chronic conditions, the demand for Cannabidiol (CBD) has skyrocketed. As the popularity of the hemp-derived compound has begun to shift, so has the acceptance in many states across America including California, Colorado, and Kentucky.

While we are definitely moving in the right direction, the legality of CBD as a whole is still very unclear due to different laws in different states, and even different laws at state and federal level. Because of this, many are deterred from using CBD, and instead of gaining the benefits of CBD, they’re stuck wondering: “Is CBD legal?

To answer this question, it’s not exactly straightforward.

While it’s true that CBD is legal in all 50 states, there are situations when it isn’t legal. The difference between legal and illegal typically depends on several important factors determined by the state in question. There is, however, one very important factor that is a crucial determinant across all states, and that is where the CBD is derived from–hemp or marijuana.

The Difference Between CBD From Hemp and Marijuana

While most of us understand the difference between CBD isolate and full spectrum CBD, there is another less known, but very important difference when it comes to CBD legality:

If the CBD was derived from hemp or from marijuana.

Now, marijuana and hemp are both members of the cannabis family, so they do share a lot of characteristics. There is, however, a crucial difference between the two–the amount of psychoactive Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) each plant produces. While marijuana can contain up to 30% THC, hemp contains no more than 0.3% THC. In other words, marijuana can get you really high, while hemp has such a low amount of THC, that it would be impossible to get high off it.

0*t03MZT2OKae7RlF4.jpg

Because hemp has no psychoactive effects, the law has no problem with it. Hemp products are completely legal and available in all types of different industries and stores across America. Marijuana, on the other hand, is much a different story. And this is why the source of a CBD product is crucial to its legality.

The Legality of Hemp-Derived CBD

So is CBD legal? If we’re talking about hemp-derived CBD, then the answer is yes. Now, the keyword here is “hemp-derived.” Because CBD from hemp has no psychoactive effects, the purchase, sales, or possession of hemp CBD products are completely legal in all 50 States. Because hemp is sometimes confused with the marijuana plant, there is still some stigma towards hemp-derived CBD, but from a legal perspective, hemp-derived CBD is completely legal and enjoys the rights of any other legal product."

So basically, it should be fine to talk about if people don't get tricky and use the term, CBD as a shield to talk about THC-containing substances/getting high.

3 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

CBD oil is legal everywhere.

Are you sure? I know it was briefly, but I'm pretty sure they reclassified it as a dangerous substance recently for some ridiculous reason. I actually bought some for my mom, who has Fibromyalgia, in January and the dude at the smoke shop said to buy it in bulk, because it was going to be illegal again soon. Seems so stupid. It doesn't get you high at all and does wonders for people with joint pain and autoimmune diseases.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Are you sure? I know it was briefly, but I'm pretty sure they reclassified it as a dangerous substance recently for some ridiculous reason. I actually bought some for my mom, who has Fibromyalgia, in January and the dude at the smoke shop said to buy it in bulk, because it was going to be illegal again soon. Seems so stupid. It doesn't get you high at all and does wonders for people with joint pain and autoimmune diseases.

Yup. There's a lack of clarity as to whether it is legal in 46 states or all 50(?). But yeah, my guess is that most people would turn it into talk about the psychoactive components not actually found in high quantities in CBD; thus, users may or may not be able to handle the responsibility of keeping it a medicinal conversation, rather than recreational. I may be wrong, though.

Just now, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm all for CBD, but this was not the discussion I intended lol

You guys are goofy goobers.

DARNOLD BABY!!!!

We're talking about sticky icky, not Sam Darnold. If you want a thread about football, don't put CBD in the title! #allbrightonCBD #hashtag #hash

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We're talking about sticky icky, not Sam Darnold. If you want a thread about football, don't put CBD in the title! #allbrightonCBD #hashtag #hash

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

@NudeTayne stay away from the devil's lettuce... it's a gateway to charlatanism and debauchery... as a non-binary of the cloth you must leave that life behind.... science says that your mind on the lettuce is like an egg cracked into a skillet....

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm all for CBD, but this was not the discussion I intended lol

You guys are goofy goobers.

DARNOLD BABY!!!!

giphy.gif

*says stop talking about CBD, posts comedic gif of the most epidemic drug of our time being used on a child*

I'm starting to think @MistaBohmbastic had @ACDC_Rocks024 "commit suicide by three self-inflicted gun wounds to the face" just like the other naturopathic doctors. 

*narrows eyes toward industry shill*

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

*says stop talking about CBD, posts comedic gif of the most epidemic drug of our time being used on a child*

I'm starting to think @MistaBohmbastic had @ACDC_Rocks024 "commit suicide by three self-inflicted gun wounds to the face" just like the other naturopathic doctors. 

*narrows eyes toward industry shill*

I can still duck walk like Angus, and mimic all his moves. I play a Gibson SG. I. AM. AC/DC.

And I'm sorry but I love that gif, hadda post it. Relevance was meaningless compared to my desperation to post it.

Archived