Baldy's Final Mock v2.0 - Elway's working overtime on Thursday night.

BaldyBronco

I think Elway leaning away from QB at 5 is validated by the Klis article I posted. Sounds like he knows he needs to hit on the pick (or accumulate other picks). I honestly get the sense he would first prefer to trade if the offer is right.

47 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I've already given a long list of reasons I don't believe Elway will draft a QB at 5. yesterday we got another one.

I was a bit surprised when Harris spoke out against a QB. He's the ultimate team guy and Bronco and I don't think he'd ever criticize the FO. That said, I doubt he'd be on record like that if he wasn't supporting the FO and what may be an unpopular choice, IE: the best player available, non QB that will help immediately. Just seems he may be providing a bit of insight into the FO thought process.

Harris also wanted Ward and Talib kept.  His take isn’t that surprising.   Vets don’t want guys who won’t help win year 1 (which a rookie QB almost never does).    But as we know Elway will do his own thing.  

Klis bringing in Nelson at least makes it possible.   Problem is it’s contradictory to yesterday’s report.  By Klis.    Seems pretty clear lying season is in full force.   Just can’t tell the lies from the real angle lol.  If I were to guess it’s ro strengthen his position to teams looking to trade up.    But that’s a total guess at this stage so many contradictions coming out (WR Rd 1 targets being the worst).

I wouldn’t pretend that I know what Elway is going to do.   So don’t take the above as me being certain.   It’s just that right now the lies are flying.    We know contradictions are being leaked.  So we know all sorts of crazy stuff is flying around today for some angle.  It’s just not clear what the endgame is.

It’s going to be a crazy 24+ hours to 8 PM ET tomorrow.   Everyone Buckle Up! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It’s going to be a crazy 24+ hours to 8 PM ET tomorrow.   Everyone Buckle Up! :ph34r:

It's made work today and yesterday pretty enjoyable haha.  I'm nursing a 4 day Vegas hangover so this has been a welcome reprieve 

24 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

It's made work today and yesterday pretty enjoyable haha.  I'm nursing a 4 day Vegas hangover so this has been a welcome reprieve 

I'm nursing a NOLA hangover this week too. Really excited to not do anything and watch the draft the next few nights. 

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Oh I'm not discrediting at all, I just know MHR is full of fluff pieces so I try not to ever get news from there.  This year feels different, Elway always telegraphs it seems like, and with information out there that were going to take all sorts of players, from Darnold to Ward, something doesn't add up.  Can't shake the feeling that somethings brewing in Dove Valley

As long as what's brewing isn't Josh Allen, I will be happy.

Archived