• Jordy Nelson
    • Martellus Bennet
    • Bryan Bulaga
    • Kenny Clark
    • Clay Matthews
    • Davon House
    • Morgan Burnett

Wanted to get some discussion going.

I'm going to make a new topic of this every few days (going from #2 down to 25 probably) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the 25 most important guys or so. I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the 6th most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is Aaron Rodgers

#2 is David Bakhtiari

#3a Mike Daniels*

#3b Nick Perry*

*I'm using my powers as OP to make Daniels 3A and Perry 3b. Fight me.

#5 is HHCD

I'll go with Clay on this one, but House was in there until the end.  I can't help but go back and remember that Vikings defense from several years ago that had the great pass rush but miserable secondary.  And that good pass rush made that mediocre secondary look halfway decent.  Hopefully Clay is healthy and effective.

The CB with the sore Hammy is my vote.  See the GB defense of 2016 as evidence to the need for the CB group to be improved and a good deal of that relies on House.  Nelson is a clos second, but the emergence of Adams last season lessens that, the addition of Bennett lessens that.

2 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

If we're answering the actual question then the next three should be Nelson, Matthews, and House. 

However, Bakhtiari was #2 so I'm not sure the list is truly answering the question.

Seems like the answers have been best, not necessarily most important.

Just now, squire12 said:

Seems like the answers have been best, not necessarily most important.

That's my thought. 

I don't know how Bakhtiari is the #2 most important player on the roster (to our team's success in 2017) when you have Bulaga, Spriggs, and Murphy (appears to be viable RT option) on the roster. 

Does anyone honestly believe that Bulaga would grade any worse than the middle third of Left Tackles IF he was needed there?

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

That's my thought. 

I don't know how Bakhtiari is the #2 most important player on the roster (to our team's success in 2017) when you have Bulaga, Spriggs, and Murphy (appears to be viable RT option) on the roster. 

Does anyone honestly believe that Bulaga would grade any worse than the middle third of Left Tackles IF he was needed there?

Marshall Newhouse was the LT for a 15-1 offensive juggernaut.    There have been stats and posts about how Rodgers has only played with 2 top 10 defenses in his tenure vs Brady with like 9 top 10 defenses....yet the Bahk at #2 and Nelson votes for top 5 are just baffling to me.  After Rodgers at #1, it is Perry, HaHa, House, Matthews, Daniels, Burnett in some order.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Kenny Clark the 6th most important player?  I hope he's even half as good as you think he is.

It isn't how good I think someone is.  I always answer how important I think the player is to the success of the team.  This team has a bunch on the plate of Kenny this season, and they just released his platoon guy from last season.  I don't think RJF or Price are as good as Guion.  If Burnett or Bahk or Jordy are bad this year, we have options to pick up some slack.  If Kenny gets hurt we are looking at RJF manning the NT position.  Are you more comfortable with RJF starting NT or Jason Spriggs starting LT?

I think I would go Rodgers, Perry, Clark/HaHa, then one of House and King.  I also think we need to have somebody play consistently good at ILB for this team, though I am not confident that we will get that from this group.  So I might put Jake Ryan as one of my top 10 most important Packers, though I think the "importance" will be seen when we have poor play at the position that really screws up a game rather than makes everything work.

Archived