• Martellus Bennet
    • Bryan Bulaga
    • Kenny Clark
    • Clay Matthews
    • Davon House
    • Morgan Burnett

I think the true "most important" list would look more like this:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Clay Matthews (and I'm not a Matthews fan, but his remaining ability when healthy, positional importance, versatility and lack of depth places him here pretty easily).

3. Nick Perry (for 2/3 of the reasons listed for Clay)

4. Mike Daniels (my projected improvement of Clark and Lowry drops him down slightly)

5. HHCD (played all snaps in 2016 and is the best player in our secondary)

6. our best CB (I don't know who this will be, but I suspect we will struggle significantly if this person goes down. Likely House. I could be convinced to move this person higher if this player turns in a top 15-20ish CB season).

7. our next best CB.

8. Morgan Burnett (maybe, I think his versatility offers a lot, but the guys behind him at S aren't bad so I kinda feel we could weather this loss. He is still the grizzled vet in our secondary unit, however)

9. David Bakhtiari (our best OL and at the most valuable position in that group)

10. Corey Linsley (drop-off to back-up likely striking here. Anchors the interior line now. Although Lane Taylor may be a rising stud, actually)

11. Kenny Clark (I think he takes a jump and next season he is significantly higher on this list, if not by the end of the season)

12. our best ILB (we didn't have any of them take over 50% of the snaps last season. If we get a standout from anyone in this group, they will be important to our team success. If they are all kind 'meh' still, this person drops down the list)

I can't put any pass-catchers on this list. We have a lot so losing one won't be crippling. Bennett might be the highest of the bunch, actually. Then I honestly don't know between Jordy and Adams...

On 8/8/2017 at 7:09 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wanted to get some discussion going.

I'm going to make a new topic of this every few days (going from #2 down to 25 probably) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the 25 most important guys or so. I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the 6th most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is Aaron Rodgers

#2 is David Bakhtiari

#3a Mike Daniels*

#3b Nick Perry*

*I'm using my powers as OP to make Daniels 3A and Perry 3b. Fight me.

#5 is HHCD

Clay Mathews for sure

Archived