SUSHI TRAIN CONDUCTED BY DORSEY

mistakey

22 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Bradley Chubb is not Clowney or Garrett but he's without a doubt a bonafide Top 5 talent.

I tend to agree though also see why others don't think so. I feel a lack of confidence in him having an elite ceiling, which is what makes people nervous, even if his floor looks very high.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

I tend to agree though also see why others don't think so. I feel a lack of confidence in him having an elite ceiling, which is what makes people nervous, even if his floor looks very high.

I'm not sure. I think in most drafts I would have him in the 5-10 range. I don't think he belongs in the Clowney/Miller/Garrett tier of clear top 3 guys, but he's clearly a top half of the 1st guy.

4 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Most elite ceiling guys never reach it because the don't have the same kind of effort. Bradley Chubb doesn't have the elite athletic ceiling like Myles Garrett or Clowney but he is going to bring a much higher effort level, coachabliity and better technique. He's also the much more physical and violent player. And just because he doesn't have an elite ceiling doesn't mean his ceiling is not just a notch below that while still having the high floor. Not every prospect falls to one extreme or the other like some truly boom or bust guys such as Justin Gilbert. Man if that guy brought the right mentality and put in the time the sky was off the charts for him, but if he didn't blow up it was going to be a total flame out and I think most everyone knew it. The very first thing to look for is the traits and abilities that make a player good/great and then the 2nd thing you look for and the far more important aspect is finding out what their effort level is play in and play out and how they work in the offseason and throughout the week. Obviously you need talent to be successful but when the talent levels are close enough you go with the effort guy every single time. I believe Bradley Chubb is plenty close enough with his athletic traits I'd take him over every DE int he last 5 years not names Clowney, Bosa or Garrett and honestly I can't think of many before that except Mario Williams who was incredibly lazy in college but his talent level was insane.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

This is the most ridiculous statement I have seen this draft season. Bradley Chubb is not Clowney or Garrett but he's without a doubt a bonafide Top 5 talent. In the last 5 drafts he would have ranked 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 6th and no questions asked, hands down the #1 prospect in 2013. 

I want a trade down #1 because there is more value in it than just taking the player because you increase you chances(Obviously got to be smart about it) Trading a Top 10 pick for a late 20s pick defeats the entire purpose. Stating within the Top 12 this year preferable Top 10 and adding an addition Top 45 pick would be huge. I am a trade down guy all the way but if we take Bradley Chubb at #4 he is more than worth the pick. He's far more worth the pick than Saquan Barkley. Again not Bosa, Clowney or Garrett but he's better than Fowler, Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, Williams, Thomas and Buckner who were all Top 7 picks most Top 3 picks just within the last 5 years.

Chubb has better technique and pass rush moves than Garrett/Clowney coming out as a prospect. They were more of the 'physical freaks' with more bend who could learn better hands.

No saying he is going to be him, but Chubb to me is more similar to Bosa coming out as a prospect then Garrett/Clowney because his advanced hands and his larger variety of pass rush moves that dont just lean on athletically beating you.

1 hour ago, TheeRealDeal said:

but he's better than Fowler, Jordan, Ansah, Mingo, Williams, Thomas and Buckner who were all Top 7 picks most Top 3 picks just within the last 5 years.

Which isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

If we get a haul like #12 #22 and a 2019 #1, you absolutely have to take it. Lil Bosa next year, or as someone already mentioned Oliver. Heck the top ten in 2019 could have 5 dlineman. Bosa,Oliver, Lawrence, Wilkins and ferrel. This is a two year process to contention, don't solely focus on 2018

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He wasn’t their personnel guy, that was Andrew Berry, who this regime has kept and who Bill Polian spoke highly of.

Former exec of the year Grigson was his number 2.

Unless you think Sashi was watching tape...

Well we can see where Sashi's career goes, but he's probably taking quite a demotion the next team that picks him up.

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Chubb has better technique and pass rush moves than Garrett/Clowney coming out as a prospect. They were more of the 'physical freaks' with more bend who could learn better hands.

No saying he is going to be him, but Chubb to me is more similar to Bosa coming out as a prospect then Garrett/Clowney because his advanced hands and his larger variety of pass rush moves that dont just lean on athletically beating you.

Chubb is much more similar to Joey Bosa than Clowney and Garret no doubt. There is a reason I graded Joey Bosa way above Myles Garrett and it has nothing to do with OSU. He has the elite effort and technique that guys like Garrett, Clowney and Mario Williams lack and his physical traits and skills are a 9.8 to their 10.0.

Also, before some nut wants to blast me here. Just because I said Chubb is more similar to Joey Bosa doesn't not mean I believe he is on the same level in anyway.

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Which isn't saying a whole hell of a lot.

You have the most unrealistic expectations or you are the most hateful negative nancy of all time.

Fowler's career never even got started until last year due to injury. He will be a 8+ sack a year guy. Ansah earned his draft slot until injury. Leonard Williams has earned his draft slot. Soloman Thomas is a rookie for God's sake. A rookie on a terrible defense. DeForrest Buckner has played a really high level and is still getting better. Has more than earned his draft slot.

You do realize that even Top 10 picks have a less than 50% success rate and even lower All Pro rate and even lower yet Hall of Fame rate.

I seriously cannot wait to hear what complaining you have in store for who the Browns draft this year. I mean seriously I cannot remember a coach/front office/QB/1st round pick that you haven't trashed and hated on before they even had a chance to do anything.

3 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I mean seriously I cannot remember a coach/front office/QB/1st round pick that you haven't trashed and hated on before they even had a chance to do anything.

NOT true.

I was all in on Cam Erving.

:$

5 hours ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Chubb is much more similar to Joey Bosa than Clowney and Garret no doubt. There is a reason I graded Joey Bosa way above Myles Garrett and it has nothing to do with OSU. He has the elite effort and technique that guys like Garrett, Clowney and Mario Williams lack and his physical traits and skills are a 9.8 to their 10.0.

Also, before some nut wants to blast me here. Just because I said Chubb is more similar to Joey Bosa doesn't not mean I believe he is on the same level in anyway.

I agree, I think Charles Davis nailed the comparison to Chubb...he said Chandler Jones and I think that's super accurate.

Archived