• Sam Hubbard
    • Lorenzo Carter
    • Mike Hughes
    • Derrius Guice
    • Dallas Goedert
    • Hayden Hurst
    • Courtland Sutton
    • Christian Kirk
  2. 2. Given this situation would you prefer a trade down?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/27/2018 at 12:00 AM

1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold
2. NY Giants: Josh Rosen
3. NY Jets: Baker Mayfield
4. Cleveland Browns: Bradley Chubb
5. Denver Broncos: Josh Allen
6. Indianpolis Colts: Quenton Nelson
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Saquon Barkley
8. Chicago Bears: Tremaine Edmunds
9. San Fransisco 49er's: Raquon Smith

10. Oakland Raiders: Minkah Fitzpatrick
11. Miami Dolphins: Vita Vea

12. Buffalo Bills: Lamar Jackson
13. Washington Redskins: Denzel Ward
14. Green Bay Packers: Derwin James
15. Arizona Cardinals: Calvin Ridley
16. Baltimore Ravens: Harold Landry

17. Los Angeles Chargers: De'Ron Payne
18. Seattle Seahawks: Mike McGlinchey
19. Dallas Cowboys: Marcus Davenport
Detroit Lions: Taven Bryan
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Isaiah Wynn
22. Buffalo Bills: James Daniels
23. New England Patriots: Leighton Vander Esch
24. Carolina Panthers: Connor Williams
25. Tennessee Titans: Will Hernandez
Atlanta Falcons: Maurice Hurst
27. New Orleans Saints: Josh Jackson
28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaire Alexander
29. Jacksonville Jaguars: DJ Moore
MINNESOTA VIKINGS OTC

Purple Poll is Opened and staying upon until near draft time tomorrow.

Secondary question as well, given how our mock shaked out, who would you draft, but also, would you trade down in this situation?

Miller and Goedert were the two I debated between personally. I picked Goedert, but I'd lean towards trading down. Ragnow is also interesting for me in this situation, but as @Klomp says there are a number of players I'd consider, so trading down seemed like the best option.

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Voted for Ragnow, it really depends on how far we are trading down. If it is early 2nd 33-40, I'd probably be OK with it.

I'd say when I voted for trade down, it was because there were a number of players I wanted, so I assumed it would be a trade down that worked well for the Vikings. We're not talking about trading down to the end of round two and picking up an extra fourth or some other bad deal for the Vikings.

Want nothing to do with Miller, as I don't trust the current coaching staff to be able to work with his technical issues (and there are a few). With this staff's coaching record, better taking a technically sound offensive line project.  If you want a project tackle, someone like Brandon Parker could be had later.

55 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Why do folks want Miller? There is nothing about his tape or the coaching staff's track record that suggest that he is going to be able to utilize his athleticism in the NFL.

Then why draft any OL?  According to that logic, no OL that they will draft will ever progress, so why bother?  Even if they are "ready" to start day 1 and "technically sound", unless they improve, they'll probably be out of the league in 4-5 years or be barely competent, ala Matt Kalil.     

Really, I'm not a huge fan of any of the players available, Ragnow included...therefore, I'm going to bank on the high upside guy. 

My first preference would be to trade down in this scenario, because all of the guys on the list are 2nd round talent, as far as I'm concerned.   

Draft what you can teach, and sign what you can't.  This Vikings haven't been able to draft and develop tackles, so they signed two (three if you count Hill). Ragnow has as much upside as Miller does along with already really good technique to match his ability in space; just because his perceived floor is higher, doesn't mean the potential ceiling is also lower.

Solidifying the interior of the offensive line for a QB like Cousins is as important as the tackle position; if your interior can create a pocket, your tackles can cheat inside and just force the edge rushers outside and up the field.

Archived