Final draft thoughts before tomorrow night

Golfman

I have a few thoughts (guesses) would love to hear others.

1. 5 QB's are going off the board b4 we pick. 4 of the first 5 picks are going to be QB (Giants could make a colossal mistake and grab Barkley at #2. Nothing against Barkley, but Eli sucks!) A six may come off the board by end of round 1. 

2. Denzel Ward is going to be sitting there for us with two of these three players: Landry, Davenport and Edmunds. What do you do? 

3. My prediction of who goes b4 our pick. Players gone before us: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, James, Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, McGlinchey (surprise, I know), Smith, Evans, and one of the three above. A shock would be a WR going in top 13 as well. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

2. Denzel Ward is going to be sitting there for us with two of these three players: Landry, Davenport and Edmunds. What do you do?

If one of those two is Mr. You Know Who....you know what I'd do. 

I think the team would draft Ward....and if they dont immediately trade up to get the 15th pick and select Mr. You Know Who - and have Ward AND the other guy.

I'll cry :(

My guess mock without any trades. This would leave us our choice of Fitz/Derwin/Edmunds. Obviously a best case scenario but I don't think it's all that crazy.

#1 - Darnold

#2 - Barkley

#3 - Rosen

#4 - Chubb

#5 - Mayfield

#6 - Roquan

#7 - Nelson

#8 - Davenport or Landry

#9 - Ward

#10 - McGlinchey or Kolton Miller

#11 - Vea

#12 - Allen

#13 - Guice

23 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I take Edmunds.  I really want the Packers to have some of those freak athlete types that we never seem to have.  

I have a feeling that we take Jackson, the CB from Iowa, and I will be very disappointed.  

17 minutes ago, Golfman said:

1. 5 QB's are going off the board b4 we pick. 4 of the first 5 picks are going to be QB (Giants could make a colossal mistake and grab Barkley at #2. Nothing against Barkley, but Eli sucks!) A six may come off the board by end of round 1. 

3. My prediction of who goes b4 our pick. Players gone before us: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, James, Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, McGlinchey (surprise, I know), Smith, Evans, and one of the three above. A shock would be a WR going in top 13 as well. 

Evans would be the bigger surprise for me. Mayock has McGlinchey as his #8 prospect, so get ready to see him on the NFLN ticker. Evans is up there too, #13.

To your second question—man, I don't know. I would be really excited with either of Ward or Edmunds.

I really get the feeling Gute is going to make a trade tomorrow, possibly even two. My bold prediction is he packages #14 and #76 to move up to #10 and select Ward or Fitzpatrick. Then he packages #45 and #101 to trade up with pick-needy PHI at #32 where he takes a falling Leighton Vander Esch.

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Evans would be the bigger surprise for me. Mayock has McGlinchey as his #8 prospect, so get ready to see him on the NFLN ticker. Evans is up there too, #13.

To your second question—man, I don't know. I would be really excited with either of Ward or Edmunds.

I really get the feeling Gute is going to make a trade tomorrow, possibly even two. My bold prediction is he packages #14 and #76 to move up to #10 and select Ward or Fitzpatrick. Then he packages #45 and #101 to trade up with pick-needy PHI at #32 where he takes a falling Leighton Vander Esch.

That is funny because I forgot all about Fitzpatrick and he should be gone at 14 as well. I've heard LVE could have someone trading up to get in the top half of the draft. This could get really interesting tomorrow night. 

Saw Ian reporting Gute wants to trade up.  Not what I want to hear.  Hoping he stays put and lets the draft fall to him.  There will be a very good player that will drop into our lap if he just stays patient.  Guess my #1 hope is Edmunds drops into our laps.  Ward would be a nice consolation prize.  Worst case we end up with either Vea or Payne.  Watch and we draft James now.  Most mock drafts have us taking Davenport.    

1 hour ago, Lodestar said:

I could live with that scenario, I just want to come out of this draft with a top notch edge and cb, and as far as I'm concerned the other picks with fill in the gaps for the future.

36 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Latest rumor is the Packers want to trade up from #14. Who is the target and how far up will they go? It will almost certainly cost our #2. 

I agree, but I can see them dancing with the Browns for the #4 pick.  Cost?  I am thinking 1#14 2018, 3#12 2018 and 1#? 2019.  Packers select, Bradley Chubb Edge NC St.  I am thinking we would have to give up 2#13 with the other 2 1st rd picks to get #2 from the Giants.

My guesses:

1. Belichick goes unBill-like and trades up to get Lamar somewhere before 14

2. Ward is gone at 14 but Davenport and Landry and Fitz are there.

3. Top 13: 4 QBs + Lamar, Barkley, Chubb, Ward, Edmunds, Smith, James, Nelson, Vea.   This leaves Fitz, Davenport, Landry at #14.

4. If Vea is there at 14, Gute takes him.

14 minutes ago, jleisher said:

I agree, but I can see them dancing with the Browns for the #4 pick.  Cost?  I am thinking 1#14 2018, 3#12 2018 and 1#? 2019.  Packers select, Bradley Chubb Edge NC St.  I am thinking we would have to give up 2#13 with the other 2 1st rd picks to get #2 from the Giants.

That would actually work out from a value standpoint. As much as I hate giving up future picks for Chubb this would be a good move. The problem is there might be better offers for that #4 pick trying to move in front of Denver for the 3rd QB if Giants take Barkley or the 4th QB if they go QB. The 5th QB is a bigger drop off.

I hope you are right and we can somehow pull that off. Otherwise, could it be Edmunds a bit later in the round, say 8 or 9? 

Archived