Final draft thoughts before tomorrow night

Golfman

2 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Mayock's mock is one of the few I actually pay attention to.

He has Derwin James snatched up at 7

Ward at 9

Edmunds at 11

Fitzpatrick at 12

And pick 14....Jaire Alexander - CB, Louisville

hmmmm, not who I was hoping for

He's trying too hard to match up a supposed need of a team with a player. It could happen and Alexander is a player, but I'd be disappointed. 

I would be thrilled with any of Roquan Smith, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward, or Tremaine Edmunds.

I wouldn't be shocked if all 5 went before we pick, but if one if there, I'd be thrilled with any.

I don't want Landry, and would like Davenport if we traded back a bit with a team trying to hop Arizona.

If those 5 are gone and we can't move back, Jaire is a great pick imo.

1 minute ago, James Lofton said:

Mayock's mock is one of the few I actually pay attention to.

He has Derwin James snatched up at 7

Ward at 9

Edmunds at 11

Fitzpatrick at 12

And pick 14....Jaire Alexander - CB, Louisville

hmmmm, not who I was hoping for

He's actually my guy I want if the board really falls apart. 

My Board:

1. Chubb

2. Ward

3. Edmunds

4. James

5. Fitzpatrick

6. Landry

7. Davenport

8. Barkley

9. Alexander

10. LVE

4 hours ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

I take Edmunds.  I really want the Packers to have some of those freak athlete types that we never seem to have.  

I have a feeling that we take Jackson, the CB from Iowa, and I will be very disappointed.  

I could work myself into liking a lot of the top prospects, but Jackson is for sure somebody I will be really upset with 

1 hour ago, Jaegybomb said:

I don't like giving up future picks.

Totally agree.  In a draft where we have 12 picks, it seems foolish to trade future picks.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we added a future pick or two.  

8 hours ago, Lieker said:

He's actually my guy I want if the board really falls apart. 

My Board:

1. Chubb

2. Ward

3. Edmunds

4. James

5. Fitzpatrick

6. Landry

7. Davenport

8. Barkley

9. Alexander

10. LVE

Nice!

My Board:

1. Chubb

2. James

3. Fitzpatrick

4. Smith

5. Edmunds

6. Davenport

7. Landry

8. Ward

9. Trade Back

10a. Oliver

10b. Hurst

And yes, I realize I'm probably way too high on the #10 guys

1. I feel like less QBs go than advertised... like 3. Josh Allen is analytically not a franchise guy, Rosen has character concerns, Baker is short and has character concerns. I mean for every overdraftes ponder, there is a jimmy clausen or Rodgers.

2. Barkley falls to tampa... he isn’t a 20 touch a game Rb

3. Guice sneaks in the top 15. He is my Todd Gurely pick. Awesome runner just rb has been devalued by media

4. Jackson is QB 3 off the board. Less character concerns. His style could win now which gms care more about

5. Conor Williams sneaks in the top 15 and is the top OT taken. He is the most athletic tackle and can play LT. There is value in that. Guys like him go earlier than mocked

1 hour ago, pacman5252 said:

5. Connor Williams sneaks in the top 15 and is the top OT taken. He is the most athletic tackle and can play LT. There is value in that. Guys like him go earlier than mocked

He is also my favourite, but any team drafting him will have to satisfy themselves on the long-term medical prognosis of his knee,

Here is my final thought.  First whoever we pick it's going to be anti climatic in the first round.  Only guy that would have me doing cartwheels is Chubb and that isn't going to happen.  Second a lot of picks the Packers take won't be on anyone's radar.  We are all going to be scrambling around trying to get info on the guys taken.  What?  Who? Why?  Usually how it goes.  I'll watch with great interest like I do every year.  Then study the prospects understand the decision and get hyped.  Then I'll realize that our of all the players taken we'll be lucky to find 2 or 3 starters.

McGinn, the other draft guy with a good track record has us taking Fitz... and if not him then Mike McGlinchey, T, Notre Dame

So in the hours before the draft I think I am more open to a variety of positions in the first round:

OLB

CB

T

maybe even one of those ILBs if they drop to us

I'm concerned as well hearing reports we are looking at trading up. Unless it involves a 2nd and a 3rd getting back into the 1st round for a 2nd 1st round pick. I don't want to see us move up in this draft and giving up our 1st 2nd future 1st to move up a few picks. Like others have mentioned I don't want to mortgage the future. What if Rodgers is hurt again and then we are losing another potential top 15 pick. Unless Aaron Rodgers traded to Cleveland for picks 1 and 4 and 2nd round picks 1 and 4 and a future 1st. 

1 minute ago, triplejcubed3 said:

I'm concerned as well hearing reports we are looking at trading up. Unless it involves a 2nd and a 3rd getting back into the 1st round for a 2nd 1st round pick. I don't want to see us move up in this draft and giving up our 1st 2nd future 1st to move up a few picks. Like others have mentioned I don't want to mortgage the future. What if Rodgers is hurt again and then we are losing another potential top 15 pick. Unless Aaron Rodgers traded to Cleveland for picks 1 and 4 and 2nd round picks 1 and 4 and a future 1st. 

At this point I disagree. Rodgers is a once in a century talent and he is getting old. Give him all the talent he needs for the next couple years to go on a superbowl run. If we suck after he is gone at least we get to possibly pick high and get our QB of the future. 

This is the one time I think mortgaging the future is actually appropriate. 

Would love to see the Packers select Fitzpatrick if he fell to 14. If not, Davenport could/should be the pick. I don't expect Davenport to be the guy his first year. I expect him to do a Clark and come out his 2nd year as a can of whoop-*** that Pettine releases and watches his defense shred the opponents.

Archived