Final draft thoughts before tomorrow night

Golfman

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given the fact that Gute has been under TT/Wolf for most of his career, it stands to reason those standards are going to stay in place.

I'd guess that some of the player standards are philosophy specific, some Lambeau specific and some DC/scheme specific

Is that off base ?

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Given the fact that Gute has been under TT/Wolf for most of his career, it stands to reason those standards are going to stay in place.

Not sure I agree with that line of reasoning, but maybe.  What I really question is the idea that Ward would somehow pass a minimum size threshold while Alexander would fail.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:53 PM, Golfman said:

I have a few thoughts (guesses) would love to hear others.

1. 5 QB's are going off the board b4 we pick. 4 of the first 5 picks are going to be QB (Giants could make a colossal mistake and grab Barkley at #2. Nothing against Barkley, but Eli sucks!) A six may come off the board by end of round 1. 

2. Denzel Ward is going to be sitting there for us with two of these three players: Landry, Davenport and Edmunds. What do you do? 

3. My prediction of who goes b4 our pick. Players gone before us: Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, James, Nelson, Chubb, Barkley, McGlinchey (surprise, I know), Smith, Evans, and one of the three above. A shock would be a WR going in top 13 as well. 

0-2

Ward going earlier than almost everyone expected tossed a monkey wrench into things.  Hit on McGlichey though!!!

Archived