2018 NFL Draft Thread - Day 1

Heimdallr

I can see the team being fine with Reiff, Easton, Elflein, Remmers, and Hill as the starting O-line next season.  We have heard the idea of kicking Remmers inside all year.  Compton becomes your veteran backup and they draft a swing tackle.  It is not what I would do but....

I did want another CB.  I have not been a big fan of Waynes or Alexander.  They are not bad players but both have their flaws.  You can talk about our offensive struggles against Philly but our defense was exposed.  Richardson should help a lot by creating interior pressure but the secondary did need help.  We have typically had 4 corners that we could somewhat count on over the past 3 seasons.  Unfortunately Newman cannot play forever.

Hell I wouldn't be against taking Harrison or Reid if they are available in the second round.

The Packers getting another 1st for next year, and still getting Jaire Alexander was a dream scenario for them. The Ravens getting Lamar Jackson at 32 is also fantastic. Both teams are huge winners.

I thought these 4 picks in a row were all terrible:

12 TB Vita Vea - DT - Washington
13 WAS Da'Ron Payne - DT - Alabama
14 NO Marcus Davenport - EDGE - UTSA
15 OAK Kolton Miller - T - UCLA

16 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Because today it does matter. For nearly every other profession someone enters.

But, again, it can only matter so much.  What someone said at age 13 means a lot less to me than what someone says at 23...or even 43.  While the person has to still answer the question of why, I'm far more likely to just take it as being of an immature mind.  Once they are in their 20s or older, by then they should know better.    

1 hour ago, Freakout said:

I can see the team being fine with Reiff, Easton, Elflein, Remmers, and Hill as the starting O-line next season.  We have heard the idea of kicking Remmers inside all year.  Compton becomes your veteran backup and they draft a swing tackle.  It is not what I would do but....

I did want another CB.  I have not been a big fan of Waynes or Alexander.  They are not bad players but both have their flaws.  You can talk about our offensive struggles against Philly but our defense was exposed.  Richardson should help a lot by creating interior pressure but the secondary did need help.  We have typically had 4 corners that we could somewhat count on over the past 3 seasons.  Unfortunately Newman cannot play forever.

Hell I wouldn't be against taking Harrison or Reid if they are available in the second round.

I was thinking this as well. Reid would be my pick if he’s within reach.  As I mentioned in another thread, I also wouldn’t mind Rasheem Green, DE in round 2.

I’m not in panic mode with our current OL. As you mentioned, Remmers can kick inside to RG and Hill looked solid at RT. I anticipate we will bolster the OL in this draft, my guess is 3rd round.

Archived