My final mock for 2018

paul-mac

Two trades:

Denver trade 5 to Buffalo for 12, 53, 56 and 96

Denver trade 24 and 71 to Seattle for 24 (I had them trading back with Carolina before this)

12. Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State

Elway rumored to love this kid, and may even surprise us and take him at 5. Last time he properly hit on a 1st rounder was an Ohio State corner so he goes back to the last thing that worked.

25. Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP

Another guy we're heavily linked with thanks to the OL coach connection. Hernandez could start day 1 at Right Guard and give us a top-10 offensive line.

53. Anthony Miller, WR, Memphis

I think we will heavily feature skill positions in the early rounds. DJ Chark could be the guy if we keep 40, but doubt he makes it to 53. Miller would look good in orange.

56. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State

This is a purely BPA pick as the potential fringe first rounder slides due to lack of TE need. He could form a formidable tandem with Butt.

96. Shaquem Griffin, LB, Central Florida

Elway has made no secret that he wants LB's who can cover.

99. Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&T

Developmental OT, should eventually take over from Veldheer at RT and provide insurance against a Bolles injury.

106. John Kelly, RB, Tennessee

Bigger back to pair with Booker and Henderson

113. Dorrance Armstrong Jr, OLB, Kansas

Developmental pass rusher, insurance for contract year men Barrett and Ray.

149. Trenton Thompson, DE, Georgia

Insurance for Adam Gotsis

160. Simmie Cobbs Jr, WR, Indiana

Think we could draft a couple of receivers.

Can you explain getting pick 24 again?

Love the picks FWIW, although I'd probably go Vea at 1.12 if he's there.   Don't think Ward will be there, by the sounds of it Green Bay is going to move up hard for CB, could be another one I suppose.

Archived