who would you trade up for in the 1st

James Lofton

Honestly, I hate trading up. I think the draft is a bit of a crap shoot and the more throws of the dice the better your chances. But some are indicating out there that the Packers new GM might be willing to trade up. Who would you be willing to trade up for? Like for me. I want a pass rusher or Ward. If Chubb fell to 10, would I be willing to trade up?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-packers-plotting-move-no-211212879.html

21 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

Honestly, I hate trading up. I think the draft is a bit of a crap shoot and the more throws of the dice the better your chances. But some are indicating out there that the Packers new GM might be willing to trade up. Who would you be willing to trade up for? Like for me. I want a pass rusher or Ward. If Chubb fell to 10, would I be willing to trade up?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-packers-plotting-move-no-211212879.html

That's normally how I feel too (especially in round 1)... but this year, I feel like the Packers are the tail end of the top tier. If they're planning to trade up, then my guesses would be in this order

1) Derwin James, S, Florida State
2) Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama
3A) Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
3B) Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
5) Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
6) Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
7) Vita Vea, DT, Washington

8) Completely Lost :P

I think it takes a 3rd to get to 9-10 and a 4th to get to 11-12

I’d give a 3rd to get Ward or Edmunds tops. Don’t think I’d give anything up for anyone else realistically because Chubb won’t make it far enough down to give up a 3rd for him. 

I wouldn't trade up for anyone else, just take who falls and in the worst case scenario, wait for the phone to ring when on the clock; I feel the one calling should over pay a little.   

Since we need a corner of starting quality (king is a question, tram and house are band aides on a gash) I’d give a third if it meant securing Ward at like 10. He’s an elite athlete (98th percentile) who can ball. In 2 years I don’t know if any corner we have now will be on the team including king.

I don't think I’d go up for anyone else. I like James and Minkah, but they don’t have a true spot (not trading a decent pick for a projectiob). Chubb isn’t a fit for the 3-4. Laundry I like but there’s the fact he’s still a situational guy with injury questions. Nelson is a guard. We don’t need a qb or RB. Edmunds and Smith are ILBs (lower value spots).

I’d rather see us trade back into the 1st (2/3/4) and get like J Alexander, L V Esch after getting a good guy at 14

This is the first time I have ever wanted to trade up in the 1st round in any draft, ever. I would happily give up our 3rd-rounder to move to #10 and select the best remaining defensive player—Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, Edmunds, Smith, in that order.

34 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

This is the first time I have ever wanted to trade up in the 1st round in any draft, ever. I would happily give up our 3rd-rounder to move to #10 and select the best remaining defensive player—Fitzpatrick, Ward, James, Edmunds, Smith, in that order.

To me, that third rounder represents a wide receiver that can play a ton of snaps across from Davonte instead of Allison

I might be crazy, but could the Packers be trying to jump in front of the Bucs in order to get Derwin James?

Which probably would mean giving up a 1st and 2nd to get there, which I doubt the Packers would like to do.

Archived