For Pride and Bragging Rights

big9erfan

I don't think there's ever been  a better year for this than this year. So here it is.  Tell me what we're doning at pick 9. Just give us all the name of the guy we're going to pick, or tell  us that we're going to trade it away. It would be impossible to know what we'd do with another pick since we don't know what it would be. So it will be sufficient just to predict a trade-out of spot 9. Feel free to add an explanation, but all that matters is getting the name right. For instance, I think Smith would be our pick - if were there. But I think he'll be gone. So my guess is

Tremaine Edmunds

I agree with Psychlone, I think it’s going to be Fitzpatrick. Especially with the news on Foster coming out prior to the draft, good timing huh?! 

Also, the dream scenario given by Psychlone would be perfect except one switch, Wynn to Oliver. 

I'm locked in on Minkah. I had been down to the final three...but I Think I lean more toward Minkah being the selection over the linebackers.  He's the one guy that there have been reports that "we love". He's the only player I can remember visiting for two days, not a workout + visit...just a visit so far as I know. 

Trade down with someone like New England would be nice, that takes two to tango. I think we stick at 9 and take Minkah. 

Yeah it's kinda strange, Minkah's my favorite player (that I think will be in play Barkley/Nelson being very unlikely) but I'm secretly hoping we go Landry. So many good players. Not as big fan of Derwin as others and would be fine w/Edmunds/Smith but disappointed w/Davenport or McGlinchey. 

Slight trade down, still take Minkah, is what I think has a good chance to happen.

But who knows. What do you guys think are the odds we pick at 9? I have a gut feeling that we won't. I think Lynch is putting up smokescreens all around, hinting at all the players the Raiders might possibly take (does that include Minkah himself?), and he hopes to at least make a one spot swap with the Raiders, like we did last year. Gaining additional draft capital without really missing out on the guy he really wants. Or it might be a bigger trade down, a big splash. But right now, I feel like it's 50% swap with the Raiders, 25% big trade, 25% stay at 9.

Archived